I bought a SAP 6 mag fed shot gun from a CGNer here, however when the shotgun came , the top rail screws was broken and holes are misaligned, the rail is flapping. I asked for compensation and he refused. He said I can send it back with a over 40% restocking charge! He also gave me negative feedback as retaliation.

Sorry to bored you guys for the above story but it was how I have a chance to deal with Tactical Imports. Back to my title, I contacted Tactical Imports looking for help because the guy said he bought it from them. Their CEO Mr. Elworthy replied my email saying that he will send me the parts, what a great service, I didn't even brought it from them, really appreciated they can do that.

Today (the first email was sent out jun 12, and they are really busy and need to wait to get the parts, they let me know the situation and didn't leave me in the dark) I received a package, when I open it, I couldn't believed my eyes , they had sent me a brand new barrel with brand new top rail already installed on it, I just need to swap the barrel and use the new screws they provided to secure the rail to the receiver ! I was planning going to a gunsmith to re do a drill and tap with the parts after I got the new parts.

Even though I was not the original buyer and they still honor the warranty, they go above and beyond to help me out without charging me a dime ! It is a great feeling that business owner go that far for a customer ( well I am not a customer yet, however I know where to shop next time).

If you have a good product but you don't have a good customer services, people will not buy from you again, one good example is an infamous firearm retailer here in Greater Vancouver Area, their service and attitude really suck and all of my friend are not going back to give them business any more.

Salute to Mr. Elworthy and Tactical imports, Thank you very much !