Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger #1-A blued 7.62X39

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    762x39 is only cheap when it's surplus, as a "real" rifle round suitable for hunting it's not nearly as cheap. Feeding a great gun like this surplus would be like dressing a model up as a biker chic - you can do it, and it is fun, but it's kind of a waste.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    762x39 is only cheap when it's surplus, as a "real" rifle round suitable for hunting it's not nearly as cheap. Feeding a great gun like this surplus would be like dressing a model up as a biker chic - you can do it, and it is fun, but it's kind of a waste.
    A friend of mine, member at the same range, own one in 39, i tried it with the cheapest SKS corrosive ammo and this rifle was keeping easily all the shots in a 4 inchs circle at 200 yards, very precise out of the number one, i imagine with a better quality round, this could be a usable varmint round... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    I wonder if i would wear the barrel out before offsetting the rifle's cost with the savings in surplus ammo.

WHY can't some one come out with a reasonably price single shot/bolt action that fires 7.62x39!!!!!!
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    I wonder if i would wear the barrel out before offsetting the rifle's cost with the savings in surplus ammo.

WHY can't some one come out with a reasonably price single shot/bolt action that fires 7.62x39!!!!!!
    Zastava M85 isn't a single shot but would work as one if you only wanted to feed it 1 round at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by kawicrash View Post
    If you want to shoot cheap, crap ammo then buy an SKS. I saw them today on sale for $199. Russian laminate.
    If you plan to buy a quality, fairly rare gun get a useful high-performance caliber.
    What, are you going to shoot corrosive steel case ammo in a $1500 rifle? Duh!
    Maybe because it is his choice?
    Harriston Pistol Club, CSSA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123