Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nea 870 stock adapter

nea 870 stock adapter

Hey guys
    I bought the nea 870 stock adapter around 2 months ago just put it on recently. It does not fit/line up with the reciver very good. There is a gap on the top I can see inside the reciver. Anyone else who bought this have the same prob?
    Ryan is there anything we can do with this.

Thanks
    Matt.

i have the nea adapter for the 590, the castle nut is out of spec so the ar castle nut wrench i have does not fit to tighten it. i have been vary disappointed with every single NEA product i have owned including the rifles. the novelty of buying canadian wore off and so did the desire to keep supporting their company. im sure lots of guys have had nothing but top notch experiences with their stuff but there are better options out there.

sorry that doesnt have anything to do with your post i just had to get that off my chest

NEA fans flaming me in 3...2...1...
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Call NEA.....they'll have a new one to you pretty quick if there's a legit defect.i had one on my old dominion arms grizzly,lined up perfect except where it's machined rounded on the top edge.it was solid,and worked well.

If I remember correctly,didn't Remington change the 870 slightly?these adapters were probably made for the older guns....hence why my grizzly(which is copied from a 870)worked perfect with this adapter.
    Last edited by MJS; 08-22-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    i have the nea adapter for the 590, the castle nut is out of spec so the ar castle nut wrench i have does not fit to tighten it. i have been vary disappointed with every single NEA product i have owned including the rifles. the novelty of buying canadian wore off and so did the desire to keep supporting their company. im sure lots of guys have had nothing but top notch experiences with their stuff but there are better options out there.

sorry that doesnt have anything to do with your post i just had to get that off my chest

No worries I to have had about enuf of NEA and their JUNK.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Call NEA.....they'll have a new one to you pretty quick if there's a legit defect.i had one on my old dominion arms grizzly,lined up perfect except where it's machined rounded on the top edge.it was solid,and worked well.

If I remember correctly,didn't Remington change the 870 slightly?these adapters were probably made for the older guns....hence why my grizzly(which is copied from a 870)worked perfect with this adapter.
    Cool I'll give them a call on Monday. I have heard their warranty is good, we will see.

CGN Regular
    Don't worry about NEA! They have world class service and will happily send you out of spec junk time after time until you give up and sell the gun or get lucky and the tolerances finally line up!

I'm off site and can't see the pictures from here. I'll check them on Monday.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by mattcwc View Post
    Hey guys
    I bought the nea 870 stock adapter around 2 months ago just put it on recently. It does not fit/line up with the reciver very good. There is a gap on the top I can see inside the reciver. Anyone else who bought this have the same prob?
    Ryan is there anything we can do with this.

Thanks
    Matt.

Stock adaptors don't come with a castle nut, it would have come with the stock you bought.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post

Thanks Ryan.

If anybody feels like getting rid of their out of spec nea adapter, i am looking for a cheapo used one.

I dont really mind it not lining up as long as it is on tight and safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast