Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norinco 1000 Round 7.62x51mm Bulk Surplus Cases in Stock Now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Need to check out the barrel on my TRG22, given it is a military rifle the barrel should be pretty tough.
    So much easier/cheaper to shoot this NORC ammo than precision. 100% hit on clay at 200m (under 3" group) so accurate enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    I would not make a habit of firing this stuff through a precision rifle because of the steel jacket on the bullet , might wear your barrel faster . I have tried a few rounds through my R700 and it was amazingly accurate some of the best non match grade factory ammo i have tried. It out preformed AE and PMC .
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    With a quality gun and glass you're going to get the most out of this ammo. This stuff is inconsistant . So your groups are going to spread. But you might be surprised how good it is?? It is a bit dirty, and I treat it all as if it is corrosive..

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Even at .59 a round . Still worth buying. Ain't much more coming into Canada ? If any? For longer range shoot's I use the Austrian Hurtin ammo. I can make hits at 750.
    I found the Austrian ammo awful as far as accuracy goes in my semis and bolt guns , it has a ball powder like BLC2 or win 748 maybe . Pulled a bunch and replaced the powder with IMR4895 now it shoots very well

norinco sticks in the chamber of my savage axis about every fourth round Austrian is better but still sticks not sure why to hot maybe

CGN Regular
    Corrosive or non- corrosive?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Non corrosive.

Haven't had any stick to my TRG. The x39 NORC that looks and feels the same has lots of FTF issues on my XCR.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12