Thread: Pal/rpal

Question Pal/rpal

Hey guys, bit of odd circumstance for a first post but I need some advice.

3+ years ago I had trouble with depression and was on medication/saw my doctor regularly and was hospitalized. Things in my life have cleared up and I haven't needed medication or psychitrist visits for nearly 3 years. Both my doctor and my family (and myself most importantly) say I am better and don't consider it an issue. To me this was just teenage hormones messing with me and I have matured but I am worried the rcmp will not see it that way. I have never been arrested or charged criminally with anything (detained once for playing music too loud in a park but was let go after 5 minutes) so I was curious what I should expect or if I should even try applying. I really just want to plink with friends and maybe try target shooting but thats about it.

thanks for all your help

BANNED
    Playing music too loud in a park is a by-law infraction. Doesn't count.
    Your past health issue is gong to raise a flag upon your application even though it has been 3 years. Just get a letter from your doctor.
    You have to take a course first anyway. And join a club for the restricted.

All you can do is try. I wouldn't spend the big bucks to join a club until you have the RPAL though.