Thread: What product use to clean a P226 Sig Sauer Pistol

Question What product use to clean a P226 Sig Sauer Pistol

Hi,

I am brand new to shooting.

I recently got a P226 Classic 22 and I want your advice to what product I should use to clean it. I buyed a all in one clean kit tool but I still have to buy all the liquid stuff and/or swipe.

On Sig video they look to use Hope9 products.

I want product easy to find in local shop.

Hope9 is easy to find (canadian tires).

And where to put them (exterior finish, in the barrel, outside barrel...)...

Thank you! :D

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by sebdark View Post
    Hi,

I am brand new to shooting.

I recently got a P226 Classic 22 and I want your advice to what product I should use to clean it. I buyed a all in one clean kit tool but I still have to buy all the liquid stuff and/or swipe.

On Sig video they look to use Hope9 products.

I want product easy to find in local shop.

Hope9 is easy to find (canadian tires).

And where to put them (exterior finish, in the barrel, outside barrel...)...

Thank you! :D

Seb
    Hey Seb,

Here's a link to similar thread: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...aning+products

Don't think you can go wrong with Hoppes products, but me personally I like the convenience of a CLP like G96. As far as where, I pretty much apply it all over (except on the sights and firing pin area) and give it a good scrubbing with a brush and plenty of of patches through the barrel. Try not to get the solvent or lube in the firing pin channel. I gunked up a few pistols over applying froglube in those areas which caused light strikes. I also like to use a bore snake for quick cleanings of the barrel.

I'm sure if you talk to a hundred people you'll probably get 100 different answers, but this seems to work for me. Hope this helps.

Shoot safe.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Greg King

Thank I will look into this thread. I have done a research before posting with clean and pistol but didnot find anything lol.

I failled probably!

What mean "CLP"?

Quote Originally Posted by sebdark View Post
    Thank I will look into this thread. I have done a research before posting with clean and pistol but didnot find anything lol.

I failled probably!

What mean "CLP"?
    CLP is brand of cleaner I have CLP break free
    Stefan

CGN Regular
    Clean Lubricate Preserve. CLP