Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NON Restricted trigger group for DA50 cal uppers. Aug 28th update

Looks great. Can't wait to get mine.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Just got mine , looks good other than a few small issues . First theres a blemish on the side of my upper now clearly from a table vice? i dont mind superficial marks on guns i look at them as tools but come on guys this is the second rifle i have got back from you with new blemishes or dings , use some bloody leather or rubber on your vices . Other thing is the block welded onto the bottom of the upper still has a raw steel finish no bluing or guncoat even on it , looks very unfinished , also from the welding the finish on the inside of my action is discolored from the heat , maybe unavoidable?

Other than that the Lower looks super nice , much more beefy and strong looking than a AR15 lower , very nicely machined and finished . The trigger is actually great! not sure if they did some work to it or what? The upper to lower fit is rock solid not even the slightest movement .

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clg View Post
    Why not contact ATRS and have them rectify this? This is not the proper avenue to have issues resolved when you haven't even attempted to get the shop to fix it.
    THIS would be my question too. It seems that guys are REAL quick to make assumptions, point fingers, and jump onto the internet to make problems rather than to think about things and deal with them in an adult manner.

How we could get vise marks on the upper despite our application of several layers of tape to protect the upper from where the aluminum soft jaws of our machine vise holds the upper, eludes me.
    Leather is not an option as it will allow for movement of the part which makes for not only dangerous milling but inaccurate machining.
    Heat is an essential part of welding, we employ tig welding to minimize the heat transfer, but short of completely stripping, bead blasting and refinishing the upper there is no way to solve the heat changing the finish color.
    Same goes for the bottom of the upper. When the upper and lower are assembled you never see anyway.

Photos of the uppers AS WE GOT THEM and prior to our doing anything on them..

Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 09-14-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added photos and comments
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

First off, im really excited to get mine.
    second, Thank you very much ATRS for making these available. the margins cant be too great and I know this probably isn't a huge moneymaker for you guys, so thanks for doing this. I've been very pleased with my experience so far in dealing with ATRS.

Plus they at lest for me were very understanding with me and very polite even when I kicked one of them of my phone when I was at work.

Thank you for this

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    THIS would be my question too. It seems that guys are REAL quick to make assumptions, point fingers, and jump onto the internet to make problems rather than to think about things and deal with them in an adult manner.
    Fact of the matter is this is a budget upper, so you're getting budget customers. Brave to even take on projects like this to begin with!

Any update on the second group you guys were running?

"Heat is an essential part of welding "

Made me chuckle. I'm a b pressure welder.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgypal View Post
    Any update on the second group you guys were running?
    We are uncertain as to if or when we will run another production run of these.
    Much will depend on demand as it is not a small undertaking.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by clg View Post
    Fact of the matter is this is a budget upper, so you're getting budget customers. Brave to even take on projects like this to begin with!
    Canpar says mine will come today.
    Being one of those low budget customers you talked about,
    I am trusting that it will not come looking like that
    from Can Am.

But if there is a problem,I would call Can Am first, I will not have the knee jerck reaction
    to go to the internet.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast