Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NON Restricted trigger group for DA50 cal uppers. Aug 28th update

Guys...the workmanship of ATRS is Awesome

I got mine on Monday...OMG...it exceeded expectation. The quality of the wormanship on mine was excellent, and the two halves married up extremely tight.
    I couldn't be happier with the results.
    Thanks ATRS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    THIS would be my question too. It seems that guys are REAL quick to make assumptions, point fingers, and jump onto the internet to make problems rather than to think about things and deal with them in an adult manner.

How we could get vise marks on the upper despite our application of several layers of tape to protect the upper from where the aluminum soft jaws of our machine vise holds the upper, eludes me.
    Leather is not an option as it will allow for movement of the part which makes for not only dangerous milling but inaccurate machining.
    Heat is an essential part of welding, we employ tig welding to minimize the heat transfer, but short of completely stripping, bead blasting and refinishing the upper there is no way to solve the heat changing the finish color.
    Same goes for the bottom of the upper. When the upper and lower are assembled you never see anyway.

Photos of the uppers AS WE GOT THEM and prior to our doing anything on them..

Got mine today look awesome wieghs a ton but may i ask what's the torque on the bolt.

Just picked up mine from the post office. Beautiful piece! Thanks ATRS!
    Also curious about the recommended torque for the connecting bolt.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGunner7.62 View Post
    Got mine today look awesome wieghs a ton but may i ask what's the torque on the bolt.
    60 INCH pounds
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Got my rifle to day, looks great, thanks ATRS. I have a little problem with the trigger group, not ATRS's probelm, but it's a problem with the hammer, nothing a little stoning won't fix.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    60 INCH pounds
    Guess I'll loosen and retighten mine, I'm sure it's a little more snug than 60 inch/lbs
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    How about i did, they just blamed the maker, the upper was pretty much flawless when i sent it in, not gona fight with them about it, but since they deny it i will post it here . ATRS dont know how to deal with issues in a ''adult manner'' apparently ? guess i will build my new 6.5 elsewhere now. if this were on it before would have sent it right back to Can AM , Did you even read all the positives i wrote , i said 2 SMALL issues !! well heres the pics .

Does this look like they were using several layers of tape?
    THIS is of concern to me. I spent yesterday investigating whether or not it was possible that those marks could have been made here. The conclusion, YES it is possible. I spoke with all staff members save 1 who is away until next week to see if any had taken your call and no-one here presently had any knowledge that you had a problem. I will follow up with this more once he returns.
    A thorough search of ALL emails shows no correspondence and certainly no photos as you supplied on this forum.
    Any chance you can supply me with a contact name of who you claim to have spoken with here?

Normally a person with a problem would ask to speak to someone in management to effect a resolution, this has NOT been the case here at all.
    ATRS has a very long and proven history of customer satisfaction. IF we screw up, and frankly being only humans DO occasionally, we own up and solve the problem.

All that being said my question is why did you go onto the forums rather than contacting me directly? I doubt many do not know who I am or how they could contact me, especially if you have done business with ATRS previously. THAT is what spurred the adult comment.

I will continue to look into this further. If you would be so kind as to email me so we can try and resolve this it would be appreciated.
    Rick

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    THIS is of concern to me. I spent yesterday investigating whether or not it was possible that those marks could have been made here. The conclusion, YES it is possible. I spoke with all staff members save 1 who is away until next week to see if any had taken your call and no-one here presently had any knowledge that you had a problem. I will follow up with this more once he returns.
    A thorough search of ALL emails shows no correspondence and certainly no photos as you supplied on this forum.
    Any chance you can supply me with a contact name of who you claim to have spoken with here?

Normally a person with a problem would ask to speak to someone in management to effect a resolution, this has NOT been the case here at all.
    ATRS has a very long and proven history of customer satisfaction. IF we screw up, and frankly being only humans DO occasionally, we own up and solve the problem.

All that being said my question is why did you go onto the forums rather than contacting me directly? I doubt many do not know who I am or how they could contact me, especially if you have done business with ATRS previously. THAT is what spurred the adult comment.

I will continue to look into this further. If you would be so kind as to email me so we can try and resolve this it would be appreciated.
    Rick
    This blemish on the upper does not bother me enough to go through the trouble of shipping this beast back , dont really care about its just cosmetic . When i posted it was mostly to mention the great work and how happy i was with just 2 small constructive criticisms and people seem to get all up tight ? I never wanted to send it back or have you make anything right because other than this mark its very right already. End of story , im happy , the whole thing may get the krylon treatment anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    This blemish on the upper does not bother me enough to go through the trouble of shipping this beast back , dont really care about its just cosmetic . When i posted it was mostly to mention the great work and how happy i was with just 2 small constructive criticisms and people seem to get all up tight ? I never wanted to send it back or have you make anything right because other than this mark its very right already. End of story , im happy , the whole thing may get the krylon treatment anyway .
    It still concerns me that the possibility exists that those marks were made in my shop, AND that this was not brought to my attention.
    I will still follow up with the fellow who is away this week as IF this was just brushed off, it was wrong to do so.

Note to all. PLEASE if you feel we at ATRS have done something wrong let me know. I cannot fix what I do not know about.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    It still concerns me that the possibility exists that those marks were made in my shop, AND that this was not brought to my attention.
    I will still follow up with the fellow who is away this week as IF this was just brushed off, it was wrong to do so.

Note to all. PLEASE if you feel we at ATRS have done something wrong let me know. I cannot fix what I do not know about.
    I called your shop to ask a few questions about other things , the stock an ergo pistol grip ect. I only mentioned the blemish quickly and it never went farther than that cause it was not a big enough issue to me , i never raised a stink or asked for you guys to make it right or anything . So doubtful the guy i was talking to even thought it was a issue or remembers that part of the conversation .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast