Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: NON Restricted trigger group for DA50 cal uppers. Aug 28th update

Probably be easy easier to somehow mount the mag to the side of the upper. I thought about doing just that I'm not messing around with a potential pipe bomb.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CBMS View Post
    I am glad I am not necro-threading this because I have recently come to the realization that I want a 50BMG. I was wondering though, how hard it would be to make this into a Bolt action repeater. I know that it would require to re-design the lower to accept a common magazine (I'm guessing the barrett mag), then forward that to the rcmp to re=approve because it is a major redesign of your basic lower. also I i thinki t would require to add another step on re-machining the upper to accept a bottom feeding action.

That being said I think your work is impeccable. and I cannot wait to hear your response.
    It would not only mean completely redesigning the lower, but also designing a wholly different upper, so essentially a whole new and different rifle from the ground up. IF there is the demand we could do this as we certainly have the expertise and capability. The costs would be significant however.

The problem with Barret mags is getting them, the bigger problem with ALL mags designed for 50 BMG is that they are too short to feed anything but short seated FMJ ammo. IF a person wanted to capitalize on the accuracy that 50 BMG is capable of when a great bullet like the 750 gr Amax is used much longer mags would need to be made, which then increases the costs significantly more.

Frankly owning several 50s personally and my favorite bolt action being the AMSD Nemesis which is a mag fed rifle, I never use the mags preferring to single shot feed the rifle ammo that is seated about .750" longer than the mags will accommodate and make extremely precise shots at truly obscene distances.
    It would be less expensive for you to purchase the Swiss Arms 50 we have in stock than for us to design and manufacture a whole new rifle.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGunner7.62 View Post
    Probably be easy easier to somehow mount the mag to the side of the upper. I thought about doing just that I'm not messing around with a potential pipe bomb.
    I see Steyr and a couple of others have revived the side mount mag thing. I thought after the disasters seen in the various wars of the 1st half of the 1900s this would end, but apparently there are some who are comfortable shooting a rifle that in the event of a catastrophic failure decapitates the shooter if he is a right handed person.

Personally these designs scare the crap out of me.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Iv seen a fn49 blow almost in half and that was a much smaller round I would hate to see someone close to a 50bmg going off like that.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    There is mag fed .50BMG uppers .. side mounted magazine though , kind annoying making one side of the rifle heavy. A mag fed .50BMG is kinda useless in the civilian realm if you ask me though .

[youtube]watch?v=Ate5Jxfw0cQ[/youtube]
    Last edited by boss351cleveland; 11-12-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Okay so can anyone comment as the specs of these complete guns? Weight of unit, accuracy?
    Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Vires et honestas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ RTKBA
    I have too many guns, what a nice problem to have...

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CBMS View Post
    Okay so can anyone comment as the specs of these complete guns? Weight of unit, accuracy?
    Mine is 30 pounds , scope bipod and all , have only shot 20 rounds on paper at 100 yards thus far and was able to shoot a couple sub min groups! also was able to pick off a few 1 pound reactive targets at 300 with ease . cant wait to take to out farther

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456