Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fac to pal

Fac to pal

hello everyone

my buddy has an expired fac, and wants to get his PAL. How does he go about getting one is there an easier way because he had an FAC previously or does he nede to do the PAL course and test and apply like everyone else.
    EOSC
    CSSA
    NRA

He should still have it on file with the CFC, no need to redo the course. I was in the same situation and it was no problem. Since he had the FAC he should be able to get his RPAL.

All I had to do was state on file for the certificate section of the application. If there is any doubt have him call the CFC.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Call the CFC, seeing as FACs haven't existed for what? 10 or more years and C42 is eliminating the challenge criteria he may have to do the tests/course.
    #torontoexit

Good point on the C42 but I will say that I got my RPAL three years ago and had dropped my FAC when the registry came into effect.

It's only my opinion but I don't think his buddy will be required to retest.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    The old paper FAC??
    The one that you went to the Police Station produced some Id and paid $10.00 for?
    Nope, dont think that will fly today ... if of course I am reading and understanding the Op's question .
    Call the CFC during normal business hours and ask them and see what they say.
    dd, make sure it hasnt expired in order to renew the POL... that or get hime to take the course and get the A part in the P L.
    Rob
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 08-29-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

thanks everyone

i asked to see the paper and its actually a pol, and according to the rcmp website sounds like he can renew it.
    EOSC
    CSSA
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    The old paper FAC??
    The one that you went to the Police Station produced some Id and paid $10.00 for?
    Nope, dont think that will fly today ... if of course I am reading and understanding the Op's question .
    Call the CFC during normal business hours and ask them and see what they say.
    dd, make sure it hasnt expired in order to renew the POL... that or get hime to take the course and get the A part in the P L.
    Rob
    I had to go to the police to apply my FAC but I got a plastic card from the CFO and cost me $60 irc. When I applied for the Pal/RPal I had already submitted my course certificate for my FAC and they had it on file and was good to go. Had to reapply instead of renewal due to the lapse in time.

I had taken the course in the 90's and it's still valid and was surprised that the CFC had it on file. Saved me a lot of time and extra money only the $80 to get the RPal.

$10 for an FAC how it would be nice to roll back the calendar.

CGN Regular
    FAC = worthless, gets you nowhere, no safety course was required to get it.
    POL = If a POL holder renewed it as needed he could keep it, if he let it expire then he needed to take/challenge the safety course and get a PAL.
    As of Sept/15 valid POLs became PALs. A POL holder who maintained his POL is in good shape, he gets a PAL, no course needed.
    Exception noted in this thread: anyone who, prior to Jan. 1/95, took a firearms safety course which was provincially approved satisfies the requirements for a safety course under the Firearms Act. I think Manitoba and Quebec had this in place.

Stupid question from me, was there an RPOL?
    Passion transcends reason, dreams defy prudence and desire is irrational....Party on!

Yep, hunter safety course in grade 8 ('82) and I didn't have to take any tests when going from an FAC to PAL. I can't remember exactly when that was, but I'm on my 4th.PAL now.
    I'm sure things have changed though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast