Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ottawa

Hello from Ottawa

Good Afternoon fellow CGNer's!!!

I am new to the forums, and plan on being as active as I can as I begin the path on my new hobbie, pasttime, skill, passion, or whatever else you want to call it.

My intrigue in firearms goes back to when I was a kid when my dad took me out a few times to shoot his rifle. I was about 7 or 8 at the time. I was and still am interested in the mechanics of the firearms, and how they work, as well as the skill of target practice and accuracy. And of course, because it's a fricken gun, and they are awesome to shoot! haha. Outside of some air pistols, bb guns & paint ball guns, that is my overall experience with firearms... until now.

After living in Ottawa for 3 years now, and talking the talk with a good friend of mine, we have finally decided to go for our PAL & RPAL in October / November of this year. WE will be joining 1 or 2 clubs here in the area. (RA Centre & NCRRA).

A little bit about myself?

Name: Adam
    Live in: Ottawa

Have lived in: Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener, Thunder Bay & Vancouver (I get around eh?)

Interests:
    I play ice hockey 2-3 times a week on a yearly basis. I am also heavily involved in the game as an Amateur Scout Intern, as well as an official, and to top it off, I hold a part time job at a hockey pro shop to help kill time, and pay for my activities, (i.e. Firearms lol)

Play golf during the summers.

Worked in the cell phone industry for over 10 years, although I am free of that now. Which means half of you will love me, and the other half hate me. But if anyone has any questions about those things or your bills, feel free to PM me, and I can help where I can.

I also spent 10 years DJing in clubs in Sudbury & Toronto and other places in canada. Mostly House & Electronic Dance Music. still play nowadays, but mostly for fun, and not as a job. Hence where I received the moniker: djfreed

As far as what I look forward with these forums? Collaborating with likeminded individuals who I share a similar hobby & passion for. Myself, like my music, am open to all styles of firearms, but if I would have to pick a favorite, it would be Handguns/Pistols. (probably not shocking anybody there).

Over the next couple of months, I look forward to asking lots of questions and advice on the following:

Applying for PAL & RPAL (i've already read both the manuals for the CFSC and CRFSC and look forward to the course).
    ATT's
    Registration of firearms

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL... WHAT SHOULD I BUY???? I am never one to cheap out, and have my sights set on (pun totally intended there) and H&K of some sorts, although feedback I have gotten from a colleague with years of experience in this field have me thinking otherwise, but since the purchase is at least 6 months away, there is lots of time for debate.

That said.. Looking forward to chatting with a bunch of you and making some new friends on this forum.

I'm out!

**drops mic**

CGN Regular
    Hello and welcome aboard mate!

Nice intro! Hello!

Hello Adam,

Very well done. Enjoy the forum.

BANNED
    Hello and welcome to the forums Adam

Akita Master
    Super Moderator
    Welcome to CGN

------------
    NAA.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer abbynormal's Avatar
    Hello and Welcome to CGN!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Welcome to the Valley eh. Recommend you get out with some local CGN'ers and shoot as many different firearms as you can. Then you'll be in a much better position to decide what you want.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer coldshot's Avatar
    Hello Adam and welcome to the CGN community.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    Hi and welcome to CGN! .....nice intro!

Life is short, make the most of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast