Thread: SAM Military Enhanced sight questions

BANNED

SAM Military Enhanced sight questions

Hi,

What are the specs on the Military Enhanced 45 sights? I am looking to either adjust the sights or replace them with adjustable sights.

There appears to be a set screw in the rear sight. I presume I would need to loosen that screw and then drift the sight in the dovetail to the desired point. Maybe I am overthinking things, but that seems to be fairly inaccurate way of making adjustments without any markers or grid lines.

What is the height of the stock front sight?

Can I just replace the rear sight with the same sight that is on the Thunderbolt? If so, which model is it?

Thanks,

FF

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Hi,

What are the specs on the Military Enhanced 45 sights? I am looking to either adjust the sights or replace them with adjustable sights.

There appears to be a set screw in the rear sight. I presume I would need to loosen that screw and then drift the sight in the dovetail to the desired point. Maybe I am overthinking things, but that seems to be fairly inaccurate way of making adjustments without any markers or grid lines.

What is the height of the stock front sight?

Can I just replace the rear sight with the same sight that is on the Thunderbolt? If so, which model is it?

Thanks,

FF

I have added a post with SAM sight details and I have stuck it on this page as this question has come up before and it will save time in searching.

It is normal to adjust fixed dovetailed sights on firearms in the manner you describe, in fact this method has worked well for hundreds of years.

BANNED
    Thanks John, for the info about the sight cuts. I see that the sight cuts for the Enhanced and the Thunderbolt are different.

As for drifting fixed sights, any of my previously drifted sights have had witness marks so I could tell how far I've moved the sights. These don't have lines. I am going to have to mark it somehow.

My question had more to do with the actual sights themselves: the height of the front sight post, in particular.

FF
    Last edited by FyreFighter; 09-04-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Front sights are .155 in height
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales