Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Binary Targets: KA-BOOM vs. Gryphon Energetics Slow Mo Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Segue2002 View Post
    Only cuz I've never heard that before, any reference on that law?
    read the container
    "I HAVE A STRONG FEELING ABOUT GUN CONTROL. IF THERE'S A GUN AROUND, I WANT TO BE CONTROLLING IT." Clint Eastwood PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparlover View Post
    read the container

Containers are law?

listen fellas, do what you do. it won't be long before its also banned. I use the stuff as well but I haven't found the need yet to go bigger then a pound. i'm not here to get in a pissing contest with anyone. btw.
    "I HAVE A STRONG FEELING ABOUT GUN CONTROL. IF THERE'S A GUN AROUND, I WANT TO BE CONTROLLING IT." Clint Eastwood PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN

I don't think it's meant to be a pissing contest, it obviously a grey area, or not specifically addressed in the law. So I think people are just trying to figure out what the definitive answer is, but really we all just have opinions. Even on the gryphon energetically website under the FAQ it says "DO NOT group multiple targets together or incomplete detonation may occur." Which sounds like a warning for the product to work properly, not a violation of the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    I don't think it's meant to be a pissing contest, it obviously a grey area, or not specifically addressed in the law. So I think people are just trying to figure out what the definitive answer is, but really we all just have opinions. Even on the gryphon energetically website under the FAQ it says "DO NOT group multiple targets together or incomplete detonation may occur." Which sounds like a warning for the product to work properly, not a violation of the law.
    Wouldn't putting 10 individual targets (removed from their original package) into a single new package be manufacturing ?

Just a thought.

Have a good one and play safe

Quote Originally Posted by skneub View Post
    Wouldn't putting 10 individual targets (removed from their original package) into a single new package be manufacturing ?

Just a thought.

Have a good one and play safe
    It may be. Stacking 10 individual, wouldn't.

CGN frequent flyer
    It's not a grey area. Putting the target in another container does indeed constitute manufacturing, since the NRCAN authorization for the target includes the container that it's sold in. Essentially, the "target" is the container with its contents. Any change to the kit like putting the stuff into a bag is technically not allowed. Grouping targets together could be a different story, but I'd hate to be the guinea pig on that one. I stick to one pound, it's 100% sure this stuff will be banned one day, I like to do my part to make that day ass far into the future as I can.
    That was one impressive explosion though, I gotta say.

CGN frequent flyer
    gyppo essentially nailed it

The product may only be sold and used in the original packaging and as per manufacturer directions. Putting it in a container other than the original or combining multiple charges count as altering the product. There is an old thread where Gryphon Energetics spells it all out.

But feel free to do otherwise and post the videos on youtube, I am after all just another random guy on the internet but I would encourage you to do some independent research on the laws regarding the use of these products.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Yes I know you people keep saying what you have been told, and I've been told the same thing.... But I still can't find a law behind it...

There are good arguments on both sides of this issue. I've read over the explosives act pretty closely today to try to understand the legality of putting multiple targets together. Personally I don't want to promote anything this close to the line so it's been removed. My advice is to follow any instructions on the labels, and maybe familiarize yourself with the explosives act if you plan to use these targets as well.

Be safe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast