Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another New Low for Canpar

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearmsking View Post
    Honestly the Canpar guy that comes to my crib is great. Calls me before he comes through.
    Mine out of Edmonton shows up handing me the package saying "Hey, here's your gun! Have fun!"

I usually respond with a 6yo girls voice yayayayaya its here!....

I also have great success with canpar in Calgary.

I have a sign on my door that says "No Soliciting! NO politics, religion, charity, magazines, free estimates, home improvements, candy, cookies. NO exceptions! If we don't know you don't bother us."
    I usually have the same canpar delivery guy and when I answer the door he says "I guess you don't want this big rifle sized package full of cookies?"
    Cracks me up every time.
    Eat, sleep, , reload.

My last negative experience with them was the final straw. I now refuse to give them any business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well Loomis can top that.A buddy bought a PGW .50 cal along with a Pelican gun case.The Loomis drop off point listed had been closed for a couple years so it went to another town.They didn't bother to call the phone # on the PKG.He eventually found the Loomis depot in the next town that was still functional.When he shows up to see about his parcel here is the pelican case with $10 G plus rifle in it leaning against the alley wall in mid winter! For anybody to pick up and drive off with.The girl behind the counter said it was too heavy to bring into the building.............He took it home and had to tear it down to the last screw due to frost and condensation inside the case and gun...........defies stupidity.I has two rifles left outside in the winter by Canada Post at a neighbors trailer I didn't even know with no signatures! Harold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My Canpar guy is awesome!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    I guess I'm one of the few that isn't happy with Canpar's service out of Calgary. Missed them last week, told I'd have my stuff delivered today. Three phone calls later I find the #### wasn't even on the truck for delivery today. Despite being told it was with the first call today. Today someone was home all day, made sure of that. Now they say it will come tomorrow, well no one will be around long enough to wait for a truck they cannot say when it will come. Looks like my "free home delivery" is turned into a drive across the city to pick up my stuff. Not impressed!!

Same story as op here. Missed the first delvery, they left a notice, I signed and left instructions, put it on the door, but was home anyways. I put it there so if I did happen to miss and forget ( I work an on call job) it would be taken care of. When I checked at end of second day it said they tried which they didn't. And then on the third buisness day after we called and complained, they delivered at 5:30.

Last time they lost my rifle and ammo and it took 3 weeks to find and I had to drive to Regina to find it in the depot, opened and inspected. BS company if you ask me.

They work with Loomis out here and both are piss poor
    Duncan

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've had good and bad experiences. Last one was a real puzzler. Because i couldnt be home to sign for it and didnt want them to attempt 3 deliveries and send back, i called Canpar and we agreed for them to leave it at the depot and i will come and get it. I even called that day to confirm that its at the depot and not out for delivery. "Yea, its at the depot" So i drive down to the depot only to be told that the crates are on the truck out for delivery. Man was i pissed....in the end, i had to meet the Canpar driver in the Beer store parking lot to get 4 crates of Norinco 5.56....Oh i'm sure that looked real legit!

I used to order from Henry, now I am thinking twice, they told me anything from that company is flagged for signature only, no safe drop no matter what is in the package.
    I can't be home to wait for them to show up.
    Done with fuds and cliques.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmer View Post
    I used to order from Henry, now I am thinking twice, they told me anything from that company is flagged for signature only, no safe drop no matter what is in the package.
    I can't be home to wait for them to show up.
    I stopped by the depot and picked up my package from CA. The nice one was working so I could deal with her.
    That is what i got told also. My merchandise only package was flagged for signature also. And to me the package was opened and the red security tape was taped over with clear tape?? Don't know what to think now.
    Flagged for signature overrides any O.K. to drop agreement??? Didn't I hear a while back that Henry and CA use the same volume shipping account??

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast