Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M1000 12ga 26" Semi-auto Shotgun

There aren't any stocks specifially for it, but I did come across a post online from someone who fit a rem 1100 stock to it.

Here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...M1000-12-guage

update: took it skeet shooting yesterday

Compared to the browning O/U I also rented the M1000 wasn't what I had hoped, at least as far as my abilities would allow me.

I may have to fiddle with the chokes and just get used to the feel and spread of the target loads further. Being a 26" barrel *may* have something to do with it not doing as well as the 28" rental.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey CA. Is the # of guns in stock correct? Or are you holding some back for marketing reasons??

CGN Regular
    I love mine- awesome deal and a lot of fun!
    Too bad about upgrade options!

mines shoots down and to the left 6 inches from 25 yards. not the best but for the price its hard to be too upset about it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by etoast View Post
    mines shoots down and to the left 6 inches from 25 yards. not the best but for the price its hard to be too upset about it
    HMM!! Hard to explain that? eye sight or trigger control??

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    HMM!! Hard to explain that? eye sight or trigger control??
    Except with my 870 I'm dead centre with the same ammo, barrel length, and choke. My two friends had the same result shooting it. Don't think it's the user this time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sold out!!!! I was hopeing some would be left for the Black Friday Sale... Or do we have some hidden in the warehouse???

Smile Same Issue!

Quote Originally Posted by etoast View Post
    Except with my 870 I'm dead centre with the same ammo, barrel length, and choke. My two friends had the same result shooting it. Don't think it's the user this time.
    just came across this site looking at jiffy's lub and polish process and saw your commient on the downward left tendencies of this gun! I have had the exact same issue at 25 yards, even to a small degree doing newsprint patterning shots at ten yards.

I use my m1000 for just about everything these days; for me, the weight is great, well balanced for the thick brush and hills out here in NS. Worst part is the Dominion 00buck that came with it doesn't fit into the mag! We had a massive black bear banging on the house and trashing the garden last year; only had this gun out of the safe as I had been out at the range with it and was waiting to clean it...shoved a 00buck into it and blasted into the dark at the vague outline of this massive blackie maybe 30 yards away. Didn't want to kill him, out of season and dead summer heat, 500-600 pounder not something I wanted to deal with. Did the trick, though at least one pellet made contact as there was some blood. Like I said it was dark but the thiung had been haunting us for a couple months.

I have shot a whole lot of everything in 2 3/4 out of this gun, with no alterations. other than the slugs being a pain, I automatically compensate now up and right, just cant it a little before pulling the trigger. Love the trigger! This was my first semi as well, and when I got it, I was a bit confused as to how to put the 2 inch or so nickel ringed piece that goes in at the fore end of the spring area...took my chances and got it right...but there seems to be two ways to put it in place at the end of the piston cylinder...anyone know what this thing is mechanically?

My butt stock recently came loose after firing several slugs in rapid succession at the range., but I haven't tried screwing with it to figure out how to tighten. Do I have to remove the buttpad? seems glued on..or is there another way?

Also, I couldn't get the choke out, and wonder if it's okay to be firing slugs from the choke it comes with? It works well, accept for the left drop, but what would be the best choke for slugs?

Anyway, sure do love this gun. It's solid and when it comes time to tote my .303 brit around for deer, my arms thank me for the practice that a ten pounder gives me. I was thinking of refinishing the stock though, put tung oil on it like my .303 brit has, but don't want to lose the checkering, plus I'm not sure if it's real wood or some weird chinese pine laminate beneath the red-brown paint stuff that it comes with? Anyone have luck refinishing the stock?

Thanks. This is my first post and you guys seem very knowledgeable. I am alone in the sticks when it comes to this stuff, only folks at all close by use bows, but I had a bad fall on a boiler ten years ago and can;t draw a compound bow. My other shotgun is an old cut down 20 g cooey winchester single shot that I pack for hikes and camping. It has a bad spring and so I trust my m1000 more, hasn't failed yet, but really have only put maybe 12 boxes through it, though #7.5, 8, and 4 all pattern well. I just staple up newspaper pages and file them into folders marked with the type of shot, much cheaper than buying targets. 00buck, though only without the mag, shoots a gloopy pattern, but haven't patterned beyond 25 yards yet with that. Range is so busy now, only a single range for the county, one user at a time so getting slots is tough right now with season fast approaching.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    CA told me what they are a clone of but maybe a Berreta? not sure anymore??
    The butt plate is held on by 2 phillips screws and you can tighten the stock with a long flat head

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast