Thread: TDSA Canada Range Day at Silverdale Gun Club September 27th

Expired Business Member

TDSA Canada Range Day at Silverdale Gun Club September 27th

TDSA CANADA "RANGE DAY"

Hi Everyone,

First and foremost we would like to thank you all for interest and questions in regards to our "TDSA Canada Range Day" that's being hosted at Silverdale Gun Range. We are truly humbled by the amount of people that wish to participate.

WHAT IS TDSA CANADA RANGE DAY?
    I would like to provide everyone with an overview for the "TDSA Canada Range Day" Event.
    TDSA Canada will have several of it's instructors available to work with participants in our "TDSA Clinic Area" in this area Scott and Aaron will be working on such things as: proper stance, grip, trigger control, sight alignment as well as various other firearm management skills that can be practiced in our Live-Fire area.

SPONSORS / DONORS / RAFFLES / CHARITY
    We are extremely honoured to announce that we will be raising funds for the "Make-a-Wish" foundation through various draws that will take place. below are some of the incredible prizes offered up by the following donors:
    - (1) Glock 17 Pistol - by: Lanz Shooting Supplies
    - (2) Silverdale Gun Range Memberships - by: Silverdale Gun Range
    - (2) TDSA Canada Course of your choice (prerequisites may apply) by: TDSA Canada
    - (1) Cerakote of a pistol slide - by: Sinister Paint
    - (1) Large AR tactical bag - Lanz Shooting Supplies/Silverdale Gun Range
    - (1) TDSA Canada T-Shirt - by: TDSA Canada
    - (1) TDSA Canada Hat - by: TDSA Canada
    And more to be announced on the day...

There will be a complimentary open-air instant photo booth to take a picture as a souvenir - donated by:
    www.printthatpic.com

All registered participants will be able to purchase Ammunition from Lanz Shooting Supplies and pay NO TAX.
    (Must have proof of registration)

FOOD & BEVERAGES
    There will a BBQ selling food and beverages put on by the Niagara Roller Girls
    and food generously provided by: FOODLAND

Q & A
    Now to address some of the Frequently asked questions ( FAQ ) about the event:

Q: What do I have to bring?
    A: Bring the firearm(s) that you wis
    h to shoot, bring the appropriate magazines and ammunition for each, a belt and holster if you are certified ONLY

Q: How much ammo do I need?
    A: The amount of required ammo will vary but an average of 50rounds should suffice. feel free to bring more or less, there will be ammo available for sale (no sales tax) discount.

Q: I am not a member at Silverdale, can I still participate?
    A: Yes you can, you must buy a day pass at the front office, register at Competition Range #1

Q: Is it practical to bring out a shotgun?
    A: TDSA offers courses in operating a shotgun, Dynamic Shotgun 1 and 2, if you are interested in shooting your shotgun at range day, by all means bring it out.

If you have any other questions that have not been addressed in this email please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer them.

THE SPECIFICS:
    Registrations will take place on Competition Range #1, it will be necessary for everyone who wishes to participate to sign-in, you will be designated as PAL or non-PAL attendee, Holster Certified or Non-Holster Certified. If you do not have your Holster Cert. Cards (TDSA or Black Badge) you will NOT be permitted to use a holster. If you do not have a PAL but wish to shoot with your accompanied PAL holder just make the TDSA instructor or RSO aware and we will direct you accordingly.
    Range #1 will have our TDSA instructors working with shooters in our clinic area which is split into two sections. PISTOL/SHOTGUN (shooting steel targets) and RIFLE (shooting paper). Participants will then graduate to the live fire area where they will be met by another TDSA instructor and they are able to work on some drills and techniques that they learned in the previous clinic stage. Once the participants have completed live fire (roughly 20 rounds), the firearms must be placed back in a case on the safe table and leave the live-fire area. Depending on the volume of participants your time on the firing-line may vary however you are welcome to rotate back in line and keep working until the event ends.

Registered participants can also take advantage of the Steel Shooting Stage that will be setup on Competition Range #2, Hosted by: XMetal Targetshttp://www.xmetaltargets.com . We are happy to announce that XMetal Targets President Etienne Cote will be present and also shooting along side the participants and able to answer any questions in regards to his XMetal Targets product line. All previous rules and conditions apply to Competition Range #2 as previously mentioned.

Thank you all for your interest, we look forward to seeing you at TDSA Range Day!

TDSA CANADA TEAM

Great Day! Thanks for everything! Can't wait until the next TDSA event

Too bad I was outa town for this one. I was just there the day before and heard it was going down. Next year I'll be there for sure!