Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with seahorse se540

problem with seahorse se540

hi

i baught a seahorse se540 hardcase for my handguns. Unfortunately the foam is not right. It's not the same than the internet site. I can't put my handguns with trigger lock. On the site i read it's an exclusive foam for canadian market because it work for the trigger lock. It's not good for me. i can't use it in accordance with canadian law.

Help me please

Which foam pattern did you get? se540 refers only to the case itself; and there are several foam options I have seen.

Normally you see the flat sheets of "cubed" foam; that you can pluck to fit differing shapes. If this is the case, then you simply need to adjust the shape of foam by plucking some squares away to accommodate the ridiculous trigger locks.

Personally I have always been a cable lock guy, they actually require the key or tools to fault; where as every trigger lock I've had my hands on you can twist off. The cable locks also ensure that the chamber is free, and don't get in the way of most cases.

It's the american market foam. On the wanstall's site it's the canadian foam. I can't put my handguns with trigger lock. I need canadian

As I said, usually these cases have the cubed foam; if that's the case then solution is very easy. If these are custom cut foam inserts, then you could always heat up a scalpel and make adjustments if you're accepting of DIY fixes.

The inserts I see on wanstalls look pre-cut though, so you're likely going to have to wait til morning to give them a call to see if their supply has changed.

edit: cubed foam from seahorse http://www.seahorsecases.net/images/...t-r2_large.jpg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    I bought mine a few years ago and it was the American foam. I made some cutouts and now my pistols fit with trigger locks. There is another solution, get thinner trigger locks...

The Seahorse case is a really good product. I love mine.

CGN Regular
    I have the Canadian made Nanuk cases and they are awesome.

You need to contact them directly. Gary will take care of it.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvanose View Post
    hi

i baught a seahorse se540 hardcase for my handguns. Unfortunately the foam is not right. It's not the same than the internet site. I can't put my handguns with trigger lock. On the site i read it's an exclusive foam for canadian market because it work for the trigger lock. It's not good for me. i can't use it in accordance with canadian law.

Help me please
    Looks like they may have put the American Prohib foam in yours!! Give me a shout direct 1-888-967-4867

Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast