Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: CSA VZ.61 Skorpion in .22LR rimfire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The banned pistol is the Scarab Skorpion but it could go any which way. The Czechs have a fixed wooden stock. I made one for a friend years ago. It isn't hard.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    The banned pistol is the Scarab Skorpion but it could go any which way. The Czechs have a fixed wooden stock. I made one for a friend years ago. It isn't hard.
    The OIC says 'Skorpion pistol" and the FRT reflects that the vz61 in pistol form is prohibited.

FRT Legal Comments:
    - the firearm known as the Czech Small Arms, manufactured Sa VZ.61 Combat is a similar firearm to the Model referenced in PFR, Part 1, para 40. However, PFR, Part 1, para 40 refers to the "pistol" version of the Skorpion whereas the model in this record is the semi-automatic, commercial version (C/V) of the submachine gun (full automatic) Skorpion VZ. 61 and therefore should not be linked to PFR, Part 1, para 40.
    In other words, the vz61 pistol is prohibited, the vz61 rifle with folding stock is restricted/non-restricted based on overall length and barrel length.
    Last edited by fenceline; 10-09-2015 at 02:59 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Clearly they added that later but okay. I know they banned Scarabs and TEC-22s at the time. The literature had those pictured.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    No need to bicker boys!!!

So long as this 22lr skorp comes in I'm one happy pappy
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Its a semi auto rifle. Semi auto rifle rules regarding barrel length and overall length apply.

If it was a pistol, the Skorpion would be prohibited by OIC. Don't remove your stock.
    I guess you missed the post where I quoted the law....
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post11820289

The barrel length only makes a firearm restricted if it is a semi-auto CENTRE-FIRE rifle. A rim-fire, such as this, would not be impacted by that section of the law.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

I'm attaching a Ninja sword to it in any case.

Only a sword?!?!?!?
    I plan on a mounted shotgun, then on the shotgun a knife, then under the knife a sling shot!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

You will always one up me.

Deckard man, I think it's time you and I go out for a brew!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Yeah some time.