Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fun in a Can ***Giveaway*** at AmmoSupply.ca

This one happened a long time ago.
    I was 18 + - and used to go out a lot Friday nights with a very good friend.
    So one day he is really pi$$ed off and decides to go to my house early, of course I'm not ready to get out but as a prankster I had something ready for him.

One thing that he liked to do was to get my revolver, my holster a few once fired brass and practice draw and dry fire.
    He would do that by pointing the revolver out the window and aiming at his own reflection at my neighbour's window. it was a guest bedroom and rarely used.

What he didn't know is that, for that day, I had prepared a case with just the primer and left it in drawer with the other cases.

So I told him, ok, I'm gonna take a quick shower, if you wanna practice you know where all my stuff is and headed into the bathroom.

From inside the bathroom I could hear him dry firing and when the primer went off I heard several loud screams, like a girl.
    I thought to my self, what the heck? Why is he screaming like a girl and why he won't stop????
    The screams wouldn't stop, so I decided to go out the bathroom and check. (Still laughing hard)

What happened is that at the exact moment the primer went off, my neighbour's daughter walked in the guest bedroom and saw him through the window, heard the bang and the primer flare.
    She jumped on the floor behind a bed and starting screaming like crazy. She thought he was trying to kill her.

It took a long time to calm my neighbor, specially because I couldn't stop laughing.

My neighbor's daughter never spoke to me again....

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Not finding these
    Dangerous gun handling stories entertaining,
    Some things should just be kept to yourself.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Not finding these
    Dangerous gun handling stories entertaining,
    Some things should just be kept to yourself.

I don't really feel like they fall under Kate's criteria,

"One of the best things about working in this industry is the funny stories, the close encounters, the horror stories and the stories of plain dumb luck relating to firearms."

delete
    Last edited by granite; 11-26-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Heres my story. My buddy in elementary school gave me a small jar a gunpowder from his fathers reloading supplies. Me and my brother brought it out to "the fort" to see if a magnifying glass would set it off. Sure as #### it did, and my face was black.

Now for the scary story. Me and my brother would take apart those caps (8 ring ones) from cap guns. We would get a good pile of it. Then we would cut one cap out from the 8 ring and load it in the break action pellet gun. We closed the pellet gun with the cap in it, then we would pour all the powder down the barrel followed by a BB. The powder would ignite from friction. I didn't know that so I was trying to light it with a lighter. My brother was pissing me off saying "oh it's not going to work", so I closed the barrel, hip fired it at him and hit him right in the head! A 2 foot flame came out the barrel! I hit him in the cheek and there was a pool of blood (thought I killed him). He spent 1 hour pulling the BB out of his cheek lol. Lucky we only put a very small amount of the cap powder. We started experimenting with the cap powder and the pellet gun and we were able to make it go through a 2x4 lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Yep.....
    I was out there on sunday.
    still finding small bits of metal from this....

https://youtu.be/rjXD9pyt-EM

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Okay folks,
    This one falls into the close call/ plain dumb luck category:

First off do not repeat my actions, I probably don't even have to type that, but hey haha.

So drove out to the ol gravel pit for some Gryphon binary target fun,
    all is going well when my wife's brother sees an old shot up 20lb propane cylinder lying in the distance, he says "lets try and see how high we can send that thing into the air"
    Me, being the type of guy that usually shoots first and asks questions later, agrees that yes seeing a flying propane tank clear the tree line sounds ******* awesome!

So the two of us proceed down range and balance this 20lb propane cylinder (that has been shot up and is completely empty) on top of 1 lb of Gryphon binary Explosive.
    We also set up 2 GoPro cams, one close to the target about 25 yards away and another on my wifes brothers truck that was 100 yards away.

Cameras are rolling and I proceed to 75 yards from the target and take a prone position in the dirt with my trusty .308 and let one go.

It was Spectacular!!! just as expected the propane cylinder cleared the tree line about 130 feet straight up and straight back down!
    I got up on my knees and let out a cheer only to be returned by a "what the F*** was that" from my wifes brother.

so I ask "whats up?"
    He tells me something hit the roof of his truck. Me looking through a scope only saw the tank go flying so I'm skeptical of his concern.

So we resort to the camera footage for an explanation.
    AND WOW

I nearly was maimed my a piece of steel that came off the propane tank and struck the dirt about 5-10 feet in front of where I was lying and bounced over top of me and proceeded up range.

In the footage it looks some one took a shot at the ground in front of me, there is a big poof of dirt that gets blown upwards. and you can actally see the piece of shrapnel come towards the camera pass the camera and hit the vehicle. (720 frames per second film rate)

We couldn't find the damage on the truck until I looked at the roof, that's where you can tell a piece of something made some serious razor sharp contact with the metal roof because it had a 4 inch cut and dent on top.

So we went looking for what this projectile was, and we found it about 40 yards behind the truck.

It was the metal ring that the propane bottle stands on underneath, the tack welds let go and it broke in half and looked like the boomerang of death.

Luckily no one was hurt except for the roof of the wife's brothers truck..
    serious lesson learned that day...

we were outside of cell coverage by an hour if that piece of steel contacted me in the right place that could have been it.

Always have a trauma kit close by when shooting cuz ya never know.
    STAY SAFE GUNNUTZ!!

:D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    My story....no words needed.

Still finding small bits of metal from this....
    We believe that packing wet sand around the target to prevent it from tipping over directed the force....
    The video and photos speak things.
    Play safe , We were lucky and learned from this.

https://youtu.be/rjXD9pyt-EM

Went out there today....
    looked around a bit , I am sure parts are still to be found

Last edited by skneub; 10-02-2015 at 11:24 PM.

BANNED
    Hi All,

Not a super funny story, but makes me grin every time I think about it.

I was on my basic course with the CF a few years ago and one of the things that was drilled into our heads was always take care of your kit, especially you rifle. We had to take our rifles everywhere, it could never be left alone. You had to take it to the $hitter, to get food, to the classroom, to the field, I even had mine in my cot when I slept. The only place I didn’t take it into was the shower, and that’s when I had a buddy watch it for me.

Well, there would always be a pump or two (or more) on course who’d leave his/her rifle somewhere and on this course, it was Pte Pyle (changed his name for privacy issues). It was a nice sunny day out, the staff seemed to be in a good mood, and we were just sitting around doing some admin between periods. Sitting around during a basic course is such a rare occurrence, so if I remember correctly, we were probably near the end of it. Anyway, Pyle comes up to the rest of our section and asks that ominous question “has anyone seen my rifle?” We all collectively thought Ho Lee Fuk, what a dumb@$$, this is going to be bad. They stress teamwork on these courses as well, so because he lost his rifle, we as a section basically lost his rifle, and we’d collectively receive an equal amount of COCK (confirmation of combat knowledge) because of it.

We checked our lines, we checked with other sections, checked the washrooms, checked the classrooms, it was gone and may as well have been in the Bermuda Triangle. Our section was good as dead because deep down, we all knew that the staff must have nicked it. Sure enough, one of the Sergeants was seen walking towards our section with a rifle he’d found unattended, and a big fat $hit eating grin on his face. It was always worse when they were smiling.

Usually, when you get caught by staff doing something dumb, they just tear you a new one, sometimes get charged if it’s really bad. We figured they’d just hang Pyle up by his short and curlies for all to see, but instead, the staff had a moment of compassion and revealed in his other had a roll of paracord. He instructed Pyle to tie off one end to this rifle, and we thought oh cool, he’s going to teach us how to fabricate a tactical sling with paracord.....no such luck. The other end was tied to Pyle’s wrist and for the remainder of course, he went everywhere with his rifle, tied to his wrist by this long green cord. It was the funniest watching this soldier in the field on a section attack, helmet and tac vest on, all tactical looking, and seeing this green cord trailing in the wind behind him as he ran, knowing that it tied him and his rifle together like a child with a shoelace keychain.

There are tons of other punishments passed around for losing kit. On another course, someone lost their meal card and the staff fashioned up a two foot by two foot plywood board with “meal card” spray painted on it, and the candidate had to carry that around everywhere for the remained of his course, but the lost rifle story with Pyle cracks me up every time I think about it.

Cheers, and hope this story brightened someone's day

Here is a nice story.

When I was about 11 or 12 (I'm now 55) I was reading a western paperback and
    the cowboy in it carried a brand of rifle that I had never heard of before.
    It was a Henry Yellow Boy. In the story everyone wanted that rifle and were
    willing to buy, steal or pry it from his cold hands a shoot out.

That story stayed in the back of my mind and about 10 years ago I was in a
    gun store and saw a different rifle up on the rack and I had to ask to see
    it. It was a Henry Golden Boy in 22. I checked it out and the memory of
    that Henry from the book came back. As it was my birthday I bought it. I
    was so happy driving home that I phoned my wife to let her know what I had
    bought. To say she was mad would be an understatement. It was "how could I
    buy a rifle without talking to her first". Her anger festered for awhile
    and one day I was able to take it to my brother in-laws place to try it out.
    After throwing some lead at the target my wife happened to come by to show
    her sister "the rifle" that I dared to buy. I tried to get her to shoot it
    but she wanted nothing to do with it. I begged and sweet talked until she
    finally agreed to fire one shot.

The rifle was loaded with 22 shorts and she took the one shot, was shown how
    to work the lever, and then a second shot happened followed by her emptying
    the rifle. She turned to me with a big smile and held that Golden Boy tight
    to her chest and said "MINE".

Well she didn't keep it but I did buy a second Golden Boy 22 for her about a
    month ago and she loves it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedIsland View Post
    Does a paintball gun count?

I'll tell the story anyways.

So years ago a bunch of co-workers get together for some team building and do a day of paintball. After running and gunning most of the morning I decide for this one game I'd sit back and guard our flag. Whistle blows to start the game, I hunker down behind a tree root. Covered in leaves and debris I'm about as camouflaged as one can get, maybe 10 feet from the flag post. Only problem was I had no real field of view, I could see the path to the flag and the bottom of the post and worse thing was my gun position.. wedged up against the tree root and pointed in the general direction of the flag.

I laid there for what seemed like hours.

Finally I hear foot falls coming my way.. and as soon as I spot feet on the path I pulled the trigger.. gun jammed.. stupid rental cheap ass guns.. panicked, cleared the gun, and fired again, not once looking up to see who it was making the mad dash to our flag post.

I heard a sound that most resembles a pig squeal.. and a loud thud.

Now picture the biggest scariest looking dude you know. We're talking about the kind of guy that you never want to meet in an alley at night.. or even in the day. Looks like he'd get his ####s and giggles watching you bleed a little.

Then picture that guy, fetal position both hands grabin his groin.. red faced and in obvious pain... holding the other teams flag. That's right I shot the biggest dude I've ever met in the nuts, from what would have been about 12 feet away, and he was on my team.

Only words he said to me "You've got five seconds!".

Now back then i was swimming in student debt and hardly had spare change for the bus. So two months later I head out after work with the gang and there he is.. sitting at the bar, I walk over pay for his beer, he looks at me "Bout f@cking time!".

We've been friends ever since.

LOL dont get me started on paintball, ever been shot and badly bruised on the brown eye? I have... it suuuuuucks!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast