Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: T97NSR-A (Rail Variant)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Guys,Guys, slow down. No need to get too excited about this. the 5.8mm version T95 was what I shot and liked. I got this garbage 223 version and f t f is about 1/3 of the time, I had to alter the feed ramp. Here are some pics. I will start another thread to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Guys,Guys, slow down. No need to get too excited about this. the 5.8mm version T95 was what I shot and liked. I got this garbage 223 version and f t f is about 1/3 of the time, I had to alter the feed ramp. Here are some pics. I will start another thread to address this.

This new version has improved feed ramps, so it's good to see the issue being addressed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    So here is the e-mail I got back from Emei when asking for an update on availability:

"we have shipped some samples to Canada, I don't know whether if the importer get RCMP resting report now. The batch production may be wait a few months."
    Yup. Simply changing the model name from Type 97NSR to Type 97NSR-A means an new FRT entry. If they had left the model name the same, it wouldn't be the case. As long as the receiver is the same, which I'm sure it is.

Hopefully not as long as a full lab examination for a new type.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

We've had some good luck with time lately, so here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post

Here you go, the actual production model
    Other than the rail, is there any other changes/enhancements done to the rifle? for example the feed ramp?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    The t97 never had sights/ rail issues. It is the loose qc applied to the mag well, mag catch, and feed tamp that ruined it. Look at how many t97s are being dumped daily on EE: moving from one disappointed owner to the next and then to the next.
    Last edited by Canada tail; 04-22-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanjia67 View Post
    Other than the rail, is there any other changes/enhancements done to the rifle? for example the feed ramp?
    As stated earlier, yes. The feed ramp and the general chambering is improved overall

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    The t97 never had sights/ rail issues. It is the loose qc applied to the mag well, mag catch, and feed tamp that ruined it. Look at how many t97s are being dumped daily on EE: moving from one disappointed owner to the next and then to the next.
    Nobody said they were perfect, but if you dedicate a bit of time you can fix those issues

Dang. I just ordered a standard T97. I should'a held out for one of these beauties

CGN Regular
    So.....any updates? I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and wanna buy these