Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: T97NSR-A (Rail Variant)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide View Post
    Find one on the EE. I bought my T97 for $830 shipped. Sure my FTU cost another $350, but for $1200 I'm quite happy with my T97.
    Yeah Im not 100% sold on it at that price. $900ish I'd be very tempted, but once it crosses the $1000 mark Im not so sure I am interested. Although I guess with todays dollar that pretty much puts all T97 outta my price range...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    That looks waaay better than the ftu. Please bring those in, I'd buy one!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Ditto
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

I contacted Emei about this back in July and they claimed (in exceedingly broken English) that the new T97 should be available in March 2016 at the latest. They also alluded to having addressed the keymod issue. In short, their rep said "the version you see here isn't our exact final, as we are still making some minor detail corrections" (again, terrible English so that's paraphrased something awful). I can only assume they figured out the issues with the key shaped holes vs. real keymod ports. The reason I started this thread was to gain a confirmation from the Canadian side of importation. That, and it seems a lot of people were not aware of this rifle. There is a nice review of what I assume is a prototype version done by PakGuns over in Pakistan:
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...-Range-Report&

Overall I think this is one of the more bad ass looking firearms we will be able to own as Canadians, and for quite a deal assuming the price is around the same as the regular T97.
    Last edited by Ramblr; 10-07-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Hyperlink didn't work :(

CGN Regular
    man that thing looks 1000000000000000X better than the FTU

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    It's obviously going to be more expensive than the default T97.... It's the Canadian firearm industry after all

Considering the current stock of T97's were imported long enough ago that they predate our dollar going to crap, you gotta be high to expect less than a 20-30% bump. And that's with no change in unit cost.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blegend View Post
    Considering the current stock of T97's were imported long enough ago that they predate our dollar going to crap, you gotta be high to expect less than a 20-30% bump. And that's with no change in unit cost.
    They went up a lot. I paid $850 new back in 2014, same places want $1100 now

but this improved version is also not a left hand shooter friendly. perhaps LHG might come up with solution

Quote Originally Posted by zain View Post
    but this improved version is also not a left hand shooter friendly. perhaps LHG might come up with solution
    They said on the pakguns discussion that it was able to be shot by a left handed person just fine. It ejects at about 1 o'clock, and the charging handle can be swapped from left to right at will. If I remember correctly, T97.ca is working on a brass/gas deflector to further improve lefties' experiences with the rifle.