Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: T97NSR-A (Rail Variant)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adriel View Post
    Why the heck didn't they upgrade to the QBZ95-1 style thumb safety at the same time? The crappy armpit safety on the T97 sucks.
    I hope they do a full on 7.62x39 model that is like the top half of this, but the lower half of the QBZ95. Could use a VZ58 mag well and mags, that way we can still use 7.62x39 XCR Pistol mags.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by adriel View Post
    Why the heck didn't they upgrade to the QBZ95-1 style thumb safety at the same time? The crappy armpit safety on the T97 sucks.
    Simply, not enough financial motivation for such drastic change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This.

Im just disappointed they didn't take the time to correct the lower as well. At least if this stays around a grand, it will be affordable enough to upgrade to a T97.ca lower.

I just can't imagine someone paying full retail on t97, both of the T97 upgarades, and still being left with a sub-par black rifle that costs nearly as much as an xcr or tavor. This new factory model will even that playing field if the price is kept similar to the original T97NSR
    My first setup for brand new gun + new upper + new lower was $1650, it has been completely reliable and as accurate as I could ever want.

My second T97 was a low round count used one. $865 with a FTU. So with the LHG it would be under $1300 for what should be just as reliable as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post

Here you go, the actual production model
    Thanks for the picture! Do you have any additional info and/or images? It's all greatly appreciated

CGN Regular
    Any ETA on when these will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by DeRK View Post
    Any ETA on when these will be available?
    Sounds like early Spring 2016. Here's hoping!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Apparently the rail needs to be removed to disassemble the rifle. How this would affect zero is unknown.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I really hope North Sylva doesn't have a deal/contract with t97.ca to put out a certain number of these with the FTU installed already, that could potentially stand as an impediment/deterrence to bringing over the OEM railed version.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    I really hope North Sylva doesn't have a deal/contract with t97.ca to put out a certain number of these with the FTU installed already, that could potentially stand as an impediment/deterrence to bringing over the OEM railed version.
    The deterrence would be that the Chinese rail is a poorer design than the FTU. Having the remove the rail to disassemble is less desirable.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Yeah but the Chinese rail looks 1000x better than the FTU and looks>practicality.