Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gun Ranges Across Canada

CGN Regular
    I had no idea the Milo range existed. That facility looks amazing! Especially when contrasted against Homestead...

Powell River Rod And Gun Club On the west coast of British Columbia approx 85 miles north of Vancouver in Historic Powell River. Powell River Rod and Gun Club.ca . site upgraded often

Quote Originally Posted by kaskirov View Post
    I'm a member of the Calgary and District Target Shooters Association. (google cdtsa for more info)
    They have two ranges; Shepherd and Milo.
    The Shepherd range is within Calgary city limits. It has a 25m handgun range, 50/100m rifle range, archery range, and a trap shooting range.
    The Milo range is about 1 hour outside of Calgary. It has a 50/100/200m rifle range, 300/400/500m rifle range, and 6 (I would guess 25-50m) ranges for any type of firearm.
    A couple of pictures of the Milo range a took early this summer:

An overview of the 50/100/200m range. The longer range can be seen in the foreground:

Here is the 300/400/500m range. It is still under construction in the picture, but has since been completed:

You need to be a member to get access, or accompany a member with a guest pass. It is well worth the reasonably priced membership.
    that looks amazing. wish we had something half as good here near the GTA
    When seconds matter, police are only minutes away!

If i ever move to calagary i know where i'm getting a memberhsip, looks awesome! Us lower mainland/vancouver area folks have some choices, i've been a member at 3 different clubs but currently i shoot at Abbotsford Fish and Game, 4 ranges, 1 indoor pistol range, and 3 outdoor, 100yard a 50yard and a 25 yard, compared to most of the ranges out here the membership fee's are super reasonable and one of the few ranges here that you can shoot steel at.

CGN Regular
    In windsor we have General Gun.
    There's maybe 6 stalls for pistols, 25m.
    There's one stall for a rifle, 25m also.
    A lot of times they'll be out of paper, there won't be anything to hang the paper on because it's been broken, and if you want to shoot in the rifle range, you can wait your turn. It's not the cleanest place and there's bullet holes everywhere in the rifle range.

Our local-ish gun club is the Campbell River Gun club . We have an indoor 20 yard .22 and .38 target load (primarily anyway)range facility that hosts weekly Jr. small bore , Sr. small bore and pistol shooting throughout the non summer months. Our outdoor range consists of a 200 m ,600 m with about 10-15 stations or up to 30 ish during competitions, shotgun and pistol range we have regular activity for CAS , black powder ,Benchrest , Pistol, Trap, 3 gun and probably more .All for the low price of around a hundred dollars a year (depending on single or family membership) Youth memberships are about 20 bucks . And no the range is not a horseshoe shape someone just likes the panorama setting lol.
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

Quote Originally Posted by kaskirov View Post
    I'm a member of the Calgary and District Target Shooters Association. (google cdtsa for more info)
    They have two ranges; Shepherd and Milo.
    The Shepherd range is within Calgary city limits. It has a 25m handgun range, 50/100m rifle range, archery range, and a trap shooting range.
    The Milo range is about 1 hour outside of Calgary. It has a 50/100/200m rifle range, 300/400/500m rifle range, and 6 (I would guess 25-50m) ranges for any type of firearm.
    A couple of pictures of the Milo range a took early this summer:

An overview of the 50/100/200m range. The longer range can be seen in the foreground:

Here is the 300/400/500m range. It is still under construction in the picture, but has since been completed:

You need to be a member to get access, or accompany a member with a guest pass. It is well worth the reasonably priced membership.
    Did you mention the steel gongs at 300,400 and 500m? It's a beautiful range!!

In the Toronto/Oshawa area the Oshawa Skeet & Gun Club is a great range.
    100, 200, 300 metre rifle range, outdoor pistol bays next to the rifle bays, solid concrete slab floor, solid concrete benches mounted on big steel pipes.
    Zero vibration.
    Also Trap, skeet and sporting clays, and a separate archery range.
    Good people, however operating at capacity and not open to new members at this time.
    That said, there are almost always bays open for members to shoot.
    Rifle & pistol are open to members all days. Shotgun sports are Wednedays, and weekends.

Last edited by njlondon; 10-05-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Here's all the ranges I've found here in Atlantic Canada:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...&oe=UTF8&msa=0
    Some of that info is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter709 View Post
    Thanks for the shoutout Bill, you know who this is!
    Amen brudder - enjoyed the new Sig this evening!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast