Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to get your PAL/RPAL certificates in the mail from the CFO

CGN Regular
    I highly recommend you send your application in now and start the clock on the mandatory 28 day waiting period. Once you can view your application online call for the fax number and send your results with your application number on the results or fax cover page. Inquire if there's anything missing or they require from you other then your results at that time.Wait a week or two after that and call to see if they recieved your results. Chances are they'll tell you they have them and you can have a reference call in. That's what I did, and it worked out great as you can see below.

CFSC course completed: June 14
    CRFSC challanged: June 15
    Application sent: June 19
    Application Received: June 25 (according to the online status check)
    Stamped CRFSC & CFSC Received: First week and a half of July (was away)
    Application Online: July 14
    Faxed Stamped CRFSC & CFSC: July 15
    Reference Interviewed: July 29
    RPAL Issued: July 31
    Received in the mail: Aug 11

53 Days from application in the mail to card in hand.
    45 Days from application received to card in hand.
    36 Days from application received to issued.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ve3xti View Post
    I highly recommend you send your application in now and start the clock on the mandatory 28 day waiting period. Once you can view your application online call for the fax number and send your results with your application number on the results or fax cover page. Inquire if there's anything missing or they require from you other then your results at that time.Wait a week or two after that and call to see if they recieved your results. Chances are they'll tell you they have them and you can have a reference call in. That's what I did, and it worked out great as you can see below.
    Thanks for the advice, so now it's off to Shoppers for my picture....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottiguy View Post
    Ya I ve read a lot of people who send it before and then follow up on the phone.. That could be the way to go im just stating I did nothing I have not once talked to cfo or anything they called one of my two references and 1 week after my reference was called my license was in my hands ... I'm sure everyone's gone about it differently I just personally didn't want to bother phoning any gov agency good luck to you sir and being a fellow gta noob pm me and I'll hook you up with whatever gta range info I've gathered and maybe we can get some trigger time together
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated....

My PAL took 3 months, I just completed my RPAL and I'm hoping it comes sooner, really want that M&P 9

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    Four to six months would be typical. My last renewal took 10 months. If you want to speed things up have your references call in.
    i used my stepson as one of mine.he wouldn't answer or reply to the police calls.after about 8 months of waiting i called to get an update.they told me they couldn't contact him.after i told him to call the cfo,it took about 2 weeks.

Both my sons (BC) applied first week of July and had PALs/rPALs before Labour Day.

One thing to note is that the reference calls come in as "unknown number" on call display, so you need to either convince your refs to answer those types of calls, or get your file number and have them call in.

My brothers PAL took less then 2 months he sent the papers late Augest and the card just came in the mail today. That was insanely fast
    If I'm Not Fishing I am Hunting, If I Am Not Hunting I Am Dreaming

It took 20 days for my results to show up at my door. I really wish i would have sent out my application right away instead of waiting for the results, since they won't look at it for 28 days from when they received my application. I waited for the results cause my instructor told me that i wouldn't have to wait the 28 days since i already had my non restricted PAL and that i was in their system, but the RCMP said that since i'm applying for an RPAL, it's a new license and that i have to start over with the 28 day waiting period :-(

Here's my timeline, as someone in Toronto applying for an unrestricted licence. Give or take a couple days, since I'm going by memory.

August 16/17: Attended CFSC
    August 31: Received proof of completion
    September 2: Mailed out application
    September 28: Application began to appear on the RCMP website; it had already completed initial processing and was in progress
    October 2: The RCMP website stated my PAL had been issued
    October 9: Received PAL

So it was less than 2 months between taking the course and receiving the licence. I'm in Toronto and my references weren't contacted.

CGN Regular
    Applying from Toronto, Ontario

CFSC course completed: Sept 26
    CRFSC course completed: Sept 27
    Test results sent in to CFO: Sept 28
    CFSC & CRFSC Certificates processed by CFO - ONT: Oct 13
    CFSC & CRFSC Certificates received from CFO - ONT: Oct 19 (5pm)
    Application for PAL/RPAL Xpresspost from Toronto: Oct 19 (6pm)

Application for PAL/RPAL received from Toronto:
    Reference Interviewed:
    RPAL Issued:
    Received in the mail:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast