Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KRISS Vector Gen II .45ACP in FDE

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    Seems so wrong to buy one with that G-D awful shroud. Not sure how weight is balanced but sucks we need that stuff just to shoot it not at a range.
    The real crime is the Non-Restricted vs Restricted laws. A firearm is a firearm. Let us take it out to the woods, regardless of barrel length. Ugh!

Anyway... about the shroud:

I am absolutely removing the shroud. I'd rather see a dinky barrel out front especially if it feels lighter.
    But in fairness to the KRISS team, the new shroud looks nicer than the old shroud.

I can hardly wait.

Amazing rifles...

Sadly have to sell mine soon but the 45 acp is amazing...zero recoil basically.

dang thatd look pretty awesome with my FDE G21. anybody want a gen 1 Kriss?!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    Seems so wrong to buy one with that G-D awful shroud. Not sure how weight is balanced but sucks we need that stuff just to shoot it not at a range.
    Well for me so far I only shoot at an indoor range that I am a member of, and its 25 yards max distance. So all my rifles are short, I don't feel the need for a 18" barrel to shoot 25 yards. The longest rifle I have is 10.5", other then that I have two 7.5" length ones and the KRISS with 5.5" and some pistols

Also I like that I don't need a huge rifle length case to carry them, the KRISS in 5.5" folds in half basically and I fit it in a medium size Pelican case for transport.

I do not own any non restricted firearms at this time, I don't have anywhere to shoot them really, and I am more interested in short barreled CQB stuff personally....Maybe one day that will change but for now that is my main interest.

The store I bought my KRISS at only had one in restricted length, and when I checked the date on the papers in the case it came in, that gun had been there since 2012! It was more of a hunting/fishing type place up north so I understand people out in that area wouldn't be interested in it. I drove an hour and half specifically to see the gun, I bought it on the spot. Hopefully I will be able to find the 9mm in restricted eventually also

If someone made a trigger pack for these I believe it would take the gun from great to just amazing! Id like to hear feedback on the new trigger, it pivots like a traditional trigger unlike the older ones that slide backwards. Would be nice to hear how they compare
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-14-2015 at 05:56 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Like, night and day difference. I love everything about my new fde 45 gen2. Especially accurate at my 50 m range. Haven't tried it at Wildwest but would like to. No one has responded to that request yet.

What are the pros and cons for the 9mm against the .45?

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    Will restricted barrels ever be available as a part to order?

How hard would the swap be? Are they easily interchangeable?

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    Will restricted barrels ever be available as a part to order?

How hard would the swap be? Are they easily interchangeable?

They are pressed in at the factory. They are not easily interchangeable. Something even your average gunsmith may shy away from. I was told the barrel can be easily damaged during removal.

the gun does have interchangeable parts though. The upper and lower. However as far as I know Kriss has never marketed or sold individual lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayed View Post
    What are the pros and cons for the 9mm against the .45?
    for me it's the price of the ammo.
    i have the 45 and never really use it.
    i may buy the 9mm. have the ammo and lots of glock mags already.
    wish they had the 9mm in FDE!
    will they? any eta?
    We have increased our server capacity to make the site go faster.

Picking up my Kriss 9mm FDE from P&D tomorrow. WOOHOO !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123