Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Under Quoted Shipping"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerbarrel2 View Post
    They need to stick to the original quote imo.The onus was on them to provide an accurate shipping quote...
    You can't expect an automated online quote to be 100% accurate 100% of the time. They did what they could to find a reasonable middle ground.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    I believe they gave the option of meeting half way on shipping or canceling the order. I would go out on a limb and say they quoted you the price based on software provided by a third party, possibly the shipper. Then to their surprise it comes out as much more, not exactly either of the buyer or sellers fault. Finding anyone that would ship ammo is not exactly easy. At a low(ish) price, even harder. Not there fault, but given the option to cancel or proceed; they are being clear with the buyer. Having paid the extra $20 is a business's incentive to see that it does not happen again.

If the extra cost was completely on the buyer, then it would be a questionable business practice. Further there would be no incentive for the business to fix the problem. Here they either lost a customer(possibly forever) or paid shipping out of their margin. They are taking responsibility, and have a double incentive to get it correct.

Straight up, honest, good communication, and giving the customer the choice. This is good customer service.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Seems very fair. I'd be happy to split the difference, mistakes happen.

CGN Regular
    OP should have sent this to the merchant directly. Airing you grievance on the forum is in poor taste IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JonMtl View Post
    OP should have sent this to the merchant directly. Airing you grievance on the forum is in poor taste IMO.
    Read the post more closely. I believe that all CGNers should be aware of what can happen.
    Note to self: Do not have EE posts removed, then immediately re-post the same item, for any reason, as it is against the rules. My humble apologies to all.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with the op posting this. One thing you should all be aware of is that transport canada has now placed a tariff on shipping ammo that all couriers must add onto the regular shipping fees. Depending on the courier company this can be between $44 and $50 ON TOP on the regular shipping charge.

Some companies have been getting around it by not checking off the appropriate boxes but if they get caught they risk thousands of dollars of fines, something we will not take the chance on. Canada post does not allow the shipping of ammunition but there are some folks out there who do it under the radar, something we don't do.

The software programs on the shipping side of the website don't always add in the tariff or add it in properly. We do our best to try and soften the additional blow to the you folks but it isn't always possible.

All well and good to say we should have honoured the original quote, but honestly with the small profit margins in alot of firearms related products it would be better to just say sorry we have to cancel the order. I hope this makes sense.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 870 View Post
    Read the post more closely. I believe that all CGNers should be aware of what can happen.
    I did read it cosely, and you are entitled to your opinion. Please do not assume things about me and will return the favor.

CGN Regular
    I do however have a concern regarding the missing policies on their new website. Usually when you place an order, you accept their policies and conditions. There should be a note regarding these situations, standard in ecommerce.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Nothing wrong with the op posting this. One thing you should all be aware of is that transport canada has now placed a tariff on shipping ammo that all couriers must add onto the regular shipping fees. Depending on the courier company this can be between $44 and $50 ON TOP on the regular shipping charge.

Some companies have been getting around it by not checking off the appropriate boxes but if they get caught they risk thousands of dollars of fines, something we will not take the chance on. Canada post does not allow the shipping of ammunition but there are some folks out there who do it under the radar, something we don't do.

The software programs on the shipping side of the website don't always add in the tariff or add it in properly. We do our best to try and soften the additional blow to the you folks but it isn't always possible.

All well and good to say we should have honoured the original quote, but honestly with the small profit margins in alot of firearms related products it would be better to just say sorry we have to cancel the order. I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks GW, communication is the key.

I will look for a response to my email, tomorrow, just to clarify.

Thank you
    BF
    Note to self: Do not have EE posts removed, then immediately re-post the same item, for any reason, as it is against the rules. My humble apologies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by JonMtl View Post
    I did read it cosely, and you are entitled to your opinion. Please do not assume things about me and will return the favor.
    No grievance was voiced in the OP, just facts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast