Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Under Quoted Shipping"

CGN Regular
    "to ask for an additional fee of $40.00, is absolutely unacceptable" - sounds like a grievance to me

Let's stop arguing about this please, we will both look like fools.

x3....

Meeting halfway or soaking all of it, either way I think they are handling it well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjsudbury's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Nothing wrong with the op posting this. One thing you should all be aware of is that transport canada has now placed a tariff on shipping ammo that all couriers must add onto the regular shipping fees. Depending on the courier company this can be between $44 and $50 ON TOP on the regular shipping charge.

Some companies have been getting around it by not checking off the appropriate boxes but if they get caught they risk thousands of dollars of fines, something we will not take the chance on. Canada post does not allow the shipping of ammunition but there are some folks out there who do it under the radar, something we don't do.

The software programs on the shipping side of the website don't always add in the tariff or add it in properly. We do our best to try and soften the additional blow to the you folks but it isn't always possible.

All well and good to say we should have honoured the original quote, but honestly with the small profit margins in alot of firearms related products it would be better to just say sorry we have to cancel the order. I hope this makes sense.
    When did they start adding this tariff to ammo shipments?

Quote Originally Posted by JonMtl View Post
    "to ask for an additional fee of $40.00, is absolutely unacceptable" - sounds like a grievance to me

Let's stop arguing about this please, we will both look like fools.
    Again, please read more closely. Those were Wolverine's words, not mine. Actually, only one of us is looking like a fool
    Note to self: Do not have EE posts removed, then immediately re-post the same item, for any reason, as it is against the rules. My humble apologies to all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerbarrel2 View Post
    They need to stick to the original quote imo.The onus was on them to provide an accurate shipping quote...
    Agreed
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

CGN Regular
    Atleast I'm not a cry baby. Nobody cares about your shipping issue. I sure don't. Now go cry to your momma.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    kudos to Wolverine. they did exactly as I would have expected. meet the customer half way.

mistakes happen. in fact, the T&S you agreed to when you placed your order would have stipulated exceptions may occur in the cases of errors like this.

I find it funny that customers get all twisted when this happens. if it was reversed, they'd be doing the exact thing.

when it comes down to it. you've made an offer to purchase it. it's up to the reseller to accept that offer. sometimes they have to turn it down because of instances such as this.
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsudbury View Post
    When did they start adding this tariff to ammo shipments?
    Some of the courier companies started back in the spring, all are supposed to be doing it now but the onus is on the shipper to make sure the proper boxes are checked. If they don't declare it the price isn't added but if something happens and that ammo gets lost and the shipper has to fess up the results will not be pretty, with fines and charges and more likely the courier refusing to do business with them anymore as well.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 870 View Post
    Thanks GW, communication is the key.

I will look for a response to my email, tomorrow, just to clarify.

Thank you
    BF

If you don't get one for some reason let me know via email grumpy@wolverinesupplies.com
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast