Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint Rifle Updated Oct 14 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    So how much is it gonna be??? Can you offer it in 243, 22-250 or 6.5? Can I have a custom serial number? Lmao. Did I miss anything else answered 15 times. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    243 would be great
    Seriously guys? The .243 is a .308 Winchester sized round. It physically could never fit in this rifle, unless it was a single shot. The Modern Hunter is available in .243 however.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    Obviously, this is only practical if you reload.
    ATRS said you should reload for these rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    243 would be great
    http://albertatacticalrifle.com/modern-hunter

Here ya go.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Once we have the FRT#,
    We will offer these for sale on a first to put money down getting the first to get a position on the build list scenario.
    Ok but

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    I think the first run of modern hunter buyers get first shot at the modern varminter. Not sure how many of those 75 will be getting the varminter but space on the first 100 might be limited.
    I thought we get first shot as well.

What about an option to have a 300 BLK upper in addition to the 223 Wylde upper? Use the 223 for varmint applications with a heavier barrel and have the 300 BLK with a carbon wrap or light stainless barrel for timber hunting or tree stands. It would make for a a very usable combo all year long. Just a thought.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    I think the first run of modern hunter buyers get first shot at the modern varminter. Not sure how many of those 75 will be getting the varminter but space on the first 100 might be limited.
    The first 75 ORIGINAL MH owners will be contacted that the MVs are going into production. Not all MH owners are on the forums. There is no pressure on time, IF they want the same serial number as their MH has, on a MV we will make it happen for them, regardless of whether they want to be in the 1st run or want to wait for whatever reason that window exists.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    This is great news. I mentioned it in the last thread after doing some reading on some of the feeding issues with the .204 Ruger, but how likely, and easy would it be to do something like .20 Practical? I really don't know how much work it would be for you guys, so please forgive me if it's out of the question, I'm just dead serious about blasting .20 cal pills. The 20 Practical seems like the most "practical" solution for a .204 MV and doesn't have the downfalls of the .204 Ruger in this type of platform.
    It would not be any more difficult to make the chambering in 20 Practical, simply a different chamber reamer is used. Neither barrel manufacturer offers this however.
    The other part of the equation is that 20 Practical is a wildcat, meaning not commercially available and unfortunately even if it is the very best option we have to consider liability, just like every other firearms manufacturer.
    To commercially produce a firearm knowing that it is a handload only proposition is simply setting oneself up for trouble, liability and probably litigation.

IF it were mainsteam and some of the big makers were offering it there would be a slightly better chance.
    Same thing with 300 Blackout, the liability is too great as subsonic ammo is readily available in that cartridge and the incidence of sub-sonics not exiting the muzzle on longer barrel is well established, which is the reason we will not be offering 300 Blackout.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by outlawninja View Post
    If .300 blk is not an option would 7.62x39 be? I too would love the lighter .30 option for a legal deer size game rifle
    I thought it was pretty clear, the rifle is offered in 223, but we are pondering 204.
    The high incidence of bolt failure and liability with 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC along with all the other problems in trying to get these cartridges to run properly in AR15s is well known. The mag problems are also just more of a headache, so no we will not be offering the Modern Varmint in anything but 223 or "possibly" 204 Ruger as it at least shares the same bolt, and seems to work with some readily available mags.

IF you need a 30 cal hunting rifle we make a Modern Hunter in 308, which with light projectiles can be very close to the 7.62x39 but better.

CGN Regular
    I just happy to be able to get one in 223, not going to be fussy when it comes to awesome rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    So just to be clear this rifle doesn't come in .50bmg? This would be great in .50bmg. How come I can't get this rifle in .50bmg? You should chamber this rifle for .50bmg!!!!

Jk, obviously. Can't wait to throw down a deposit!
    |CCFR|