Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint Rifle Updated Oct 14 2015

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I have a MH and a Second upper on order and next month after I pay off my s404 unimog I would like to put money down for MV I need to fill the Second gun rack in the cab of the s404 Swiss troop carrier Nothing worse than an empty gun rack Exept trying to find XCR-m mag jk

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
    Yup got to have it. Need a nerd to figure out some way to automaticaly submit my order as soon as ATRS opens this up.
    One of the things we are working on is a simplified on-line ordering program for both the Hunter and Varmint.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    One of the things we are working on is a simplified on-line ordering program for both the Hunter and Varmint.
    That would be outstanding I for one and I am sure many others would be willing to put a deposit down now if the option was available. Was looking at the Modern Hunter options yet again on the website today and pretty much have planned out what I would want the Modern Varmiter to have.
    You miss 100% of the shots you dont take

Quote Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
    That would be outstanding I for one and I am sure many others would be willing to put a deposit down now if the option was available. Was looking at the Modern Hunter options yet again on the website today and pretty much have planned out what I would want the Modern Varmiter to have.

In all honesty the build sheet for the MH was a quick fix to us being inundated with orders. Personally I was not fond of the 1st rendition, but it was better than nothing for paperwork to work from. It got the job done. We like to learn from our experiences and mistakes, so have spent some time working on a new format for build sheets that are hopefully much more user friendly.

Also from what we learned with the MH, until we actually have the FRT paperwork to produce we will not be offering the Varmints for sale. The trashing and drama that a couple of CGN members gave us in this regard was enough to make us see that until we have tangible proof, the masses will have to wait in order to place an order. A shame that a couple of clowns can screw things up for all, we have verbal approval from the SFSS/RCMP already.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Regular
    Definitely interested in one of these rifles, I'm hoping I can get in on the first run but I will wait if need be. I'm ready to make a deposit whenever and would love to come pick it up in person upon completion, I'd like to see what else you guys have to offer.

Thanks for taking on this project!
    beer, bait & ammo

Quote Originally Posted by kwonnypooh View Post
    Just wondering is there any chance that I can add a mid length gas system and colt LE 901 gas block on it ? Will it be possible to service a barrel at gunsmith level or it is a factory level ?
    Ps. Still got a 10 years old flash hider from you and still works great.
    Thank you
    No chance for mid length as barrels will all be 18.6" long. We have no access to Colt parts and frankly I don't see any reason to expand on the foreign parts content of a Canadian made rifle.
    Modification made by other parties will void the warranty. Many of the parts are proprietary to ATRS so can not be obtained from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    Worth a try! Any insights on if the cross bolts on the KMR will fit?

One of our MH owners was in yesterday and was kind enough to bring in this fore-end. It WILL work on the Varmint.
    Whether or not we bring in the BCM line will depend on BCM. I will reach out to them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    Can Modern Series rifle take Magpul UBR or not? Thanks!
    NOT without significant modification to the stock, which "may" destroy the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispn View Post
    Is there a Fortis SWITCH 15" handguard for 556?
    I see 308 models listed on their website, but 556 seems to max out at 14".
    Just wondering since I made my order with a 15"
    Fortis does NOT make a 15" for the AR15 platform, only the AR10 which is not compatible due to size.
    What is shown on our website for offered hand guards is all there is at this point in time. We will add to the menu as we establish further options.

Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    To clarify, I ordered mine as well with the Fortis 15" as that WAS an option at the time (november 26). I see that option has now been removed from the Varmint Drop-down menu. I assume ATRS will default to the 14" for those of us who ordered the 15. On the plus side, the 14" is 380.00 so I assume we get a credit of 45$ ?
    Thanks Rick.
    Your assumptions are spot on. It was 1 of a few things we missed and have corrected with the new website pages.
    The IT guys have done a great job, but it is hard to cover everything at 1 time. We are still refining the order forms so it is always a good idea to check our website occasionally just to stay on top of any possible changes.