Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint Rifle Updated Oct 14 2015

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ianfroese View Post
    I'll thirds that. I think by corporate by-law, the motion has carried, and they must now start making 6.8 uppers. After they have finished my gun, that is.

If they can, a 6.5 Grendel upper would just be amazing! Has that been discussed yet?
    We aren't saying "No, it will never happen", but we want to actually get some of these rifles out the door first, and then worry about other compatible calibers down the road.

Of the other calibers mentioned, 6.5 Grendel is one that we are talking about and MAY (or may not) proceed with further testing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispn View Post
    Is the safety proprietary or will something like this work http://www.elftmanntactical.com/stor...-speed-safety/
    It may work, but we have not tried them, nor do we have access to them. We use a ball bearing and captured spring, rather than a sharp detent for the safety so you can adjust how soft or how hard the lever is and they are much smoother than many standard AR safety selectors. This ball bearing and captured spring may work with this system, but again, we have not tried them.

On the other side to that, changing the safety will require removing the trigger and we do not recommend stripping the rifle down that far. Removing the trigger pack from the lower receiver will void warranties and all liability is then on the end-user. (If you take it apart and the safety no longer functions or you cannot put it back together after you've taken it apart, there would be costs incurred to have us fix it. We use a good amount of "standard" commonly available parts, but how they are used, installed or retained is not "standard")

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I would be happy with any of one off these big bore uppers in the article in the link
    If you read the article you can see it's not as easy as just changing the barrel but it would be so Worth the effort
    But we need at lease one big bore upper option please ATRS not right a way but down the road
    I know we are driving ATRS nutz hinting around for other uppers but it hard not to Haahaa

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammo/...with-an-ar-15/
    Last edited by carverk; 05-26-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I would be happy with any of one off these big bore uppers in the article in the link
    If you read the article you can see it's not as easy as just changing the barrel but it would be so Worth the effort
    But we need at lease one big bore upper option please ATRS not right a way but down the road
    I know we are driving ATRS nutz hinting around for other uppers but it hard not to Haahaa

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammo/...with-an-ar-15/
    I can't imagine any of those being cost effective for the R&D. Sorry but those aren't under consideration at this time.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    btw Shaun, how long until the first production run starts to roll out the door?
    As soon as the barrels and furniture show up we can start to assemble the rifles. we expect that at least some of the furniture and the stainless barrel should arrive in the next few weeks. Hopefully sooner, but I have been led astray before by suppliers with overly optimistic timelines.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    As soon as the barrels and furniture show up we can start to assemble the rifles. we expect that at least some of the furniture and the stainless barrel should arrive in the next few weeks. Hopefully sooner, but I have been led astray before by suppliers with overly optimistic timelines.

What about the Proof barrels? Do you have them yet or are they on the way also?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    What about the Proof barrels? Do you have them yet or are they on the way also?
    Nothing firm from Proof as of today on delivery. Hopefully I will hear something positive from them next week as to approximately when they will have the order ready to ship.

Trust me the second anyone's gun is ready to go, they will be advised of it. Several folks keep either calling or emailing asking if it is done yet. this only puts us further behind, as we can be building guns or parts, or answering inquiries. The former is more productive for everyone.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    Im guilty of calling but still waiting on the 338 fed upper not complaining I know you you need to test fire the new upper
    Plus I had to figer out my budget to finnish paying for MV
    I Will send another payment next week
    Hey Carverk,

I just emailed you on Thursday, your 338 Fed upper is done! You've actually been very patient, and we appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Shaun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Hey Carverk,

I just emailed you on Thursday, your 338 Fed upper is done! You've actually been very patient, and we appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Wicked I have bin fighting with mysalf trying not to call and bug you guys
    I have a bear defence class coming up mite take the 338 fed with me as well as the shotgun
    Thank you Shaun and ATRS

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    I dont mean to be a bother and im sure you answered this question multiple times. However is the bolt able to be interchanged with a standard AR15 bolt?

Thanks for all the hard work. Im looking forward to my MV!
    The bolt is standard un-modified AR15, the carrier however is modified significantly.