Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deutz F4L 514 Tractor manual

Business Member Rep
    Not this time, buuuut I was fairly close. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been through there with the same tractor and discbine a week ago to cut it and Luke went through with tractor and rake earlier today
    Bugger bugger

CGN Regular
    Did you find your manuals?

We had that very tractor years ago on the farm. Built tough like you would not believe. We rebuilt the engine. The air cleaner had a leak in it that let dust in. The only real problem we ever had was with that 12/24 volt switch. Half the time we gave it a short pull to start. It always started on the first turn, so that was no problem. This was in Alberta, so no hills to roll down. Of course the manual went with the tractor. If I recall they had a great section on building stands for splitting and for the engine. Very economical to run. Would still be today. It never overheated. It was a bit noisy though. While breaking with it, if you hit a big stump, it would just lift the front end right off the ground.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevinasch View Post
    Did you find your manuals?

We had that very tractor years ago on the farm. Built tough like you would not believe. We rebuilt the engine. The air cleaner had a leak in it that let dust in. The only real problem we ever had was with that 12/24 volt switch. Half the time we gave it a short pull to start. It always started on the first turn, so that was no problem. This was in Alberta, so no hills to roll down. Of course the manual went with the tractor. If I recall they had a great section on building stands for splitting and for the engine. Very economical to run. Would still be today. It never overheated. It was a bit noisy though. While breaking with it, if you hit a big stump, it would just lift the front end right off the ground.

Kevin
    No still not found that manual, it sounds like it would be a great help. I plan on splitting the tractor and fixing the clutch when spring comes. I never have much incentive to play in the workshop after supper when winter is here, I would rather sit in front the fire with a good book and a glass of scotch. I also have an engine in an old IH TD6 crawler, to get running, this will be my "Garden tractor".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer XRCD011's Avatar
    Keep checking Ebay.De Sooner or later what you are looking for will surface.

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=...4l514&_sacat=0

I went to google.de and typed in your tractor model. I found a website called HappyOldIron.com . The fellow rebuilds and sells old tractors and has 4 or 5 Deutz for sale, including two F4L 514's for sale that he has rebuilt. He may be able to help you out with the manuals you require or point you in the right direction. They are located in Belgium but speak English and the website is in English as well. His contact email from the website is mailto:soetewei@telenet.be and his name is Marc Geerkens.

also found these:

Operation Instructions Crawler Tractor DK 75 Air-Cooled (DEUTZ F4L 514) [ID: 487] and,

Spare Parts List Crawler Tractor (DEUTZ F4L 514) [ID: 488]

there are pictures of the cover of each manual, both in German it would appear.. website address is https://www.metzendorff-co.com/produ...ks#prettyPhoto

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123