Thread: Why Score Steel Shells Are Best for Waterfowl

Expired Business Member

Why Score Steel Shells Are Best for Waterfowl

If you haven't yet tried Score shells for waterfowl, I encourage you to do so!

Everyone who tries Score shells comes back for more. They are simply superior to the US main brands, and at the same time are cheaper and most importantly, CANADIAN!

Prairie Shot use the best components in their Score shells - from Fiocchi hulls to Super-G wads. Most importantly, their in-house made steel shot is heavier and much more consistent than the big guys'. This means that the shot maintains its velocity once fired (important for those oh-so-high-flying geese) and also that it maintains its course in windier conditions. In a 32g steel load, Score shells have on average 85 pellets compared to 120 or so in the US varieties. This amounts to a significant advantage.

We still have stock, especially in 3" and 3.5" - feel free to PM me for a shipping quote.

Name:  SCORE-SHL-3-118-BB-033-20130516-500x500.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  35.5 KB

Can vouch for this stuff!! Its gooooood and cheap so you dont feel as silly for trying to snipe geese lol
    Used it all last season and this season to date, not a single issue in my 870 wingmaster or buddys 500.

they come in 3 1/2?

1550 fps is a little slower than what I shoot geese with, but if your getting results with it thats good!
    When governments are afraid of their people its called democracy......When people are afraid of their government, its called slavery.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    they come in 3 1/2?

1550 fps is a little slower than what I shoot geese with, but if your getting results with it thats good!
    Yes, they come in 3 1/2":
    https://www.ammosupply.ca/shop/144/134/

When you see the FPS, that's muzzle velocity. Bear in mind that these shells maintain their velocity better because the shot itself is heavier, so it's not exactly comparing apples with apples when you look at the FPS on other ammo.

Plus prob the most you get is within 200fts difference and prob spending 10 bucks more a box

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    What is the largest size of shot that Score makes? BB? T?
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    What is the largest size of shot that Score makes? BB? T?
    BB is the biggest they make, and they also do #2, #3 and #4 in steel for 3" and 2 3/4". Just BBs and #2s in 3 1/2".

It amazes me how the ammunition manufacturers have completely brainwashed shotgunners into believing you need higher velocities with steel to kill birds effectively. What a complete load of b.s.. I will take a slower heavier payload any day over a lighter faster one. Pattern density kills, not speed. We are talking guns and ammo designed for 40 yard shooting not 400!! A friend of mine tried the score ammo and was really impressed with it. I will be picking some up myself for next season to try.
    Originally Posted by ADK

“These threads are great, it's like Whack-A-Mole; hit one idiot over the head and others just keep popping up.”

I have some feedback on the recent events gents. Shot some that I had left over from last year and when I went to clean the gun I noticed unburned powder in the trigger assembly. So just a side note, don't let them sit nearly a year lol

How well do these pattern with the patternmaster chokes?
    -SideBurnz-