Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Package Rifles

Business Member
    Cold and unforgiving Siberian tundra fighting bears with my bare hands.

Cool Wolverine Package Rifles

Hey CGN comrades!

Yes your good friend Yuri is still alive!

The folks here at Wolverine Supplies decided to do up a few of our own package rifles based on some of the staffs own personal tastes. Thought we might mix things up a little bit and give people some package rifles with a little more "Wolverine" flair than your run of the mill Savage Axis package rifle (not to knock the Savage Axis). Here are some of the rifle packages we have ready to go, with a brief paragraph explaining the individuals rationale behind it!
    * also some guns have not yet been entered and priced for website at the time of this post. just wait for it to show on the site or send an email to sales@wolverinesupplies.com

#1: Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag
    This is a setup I would choose for big game hunters who have areas where they hunt with open fields and also thick, ugly bush.
    The 7mmRM is a favorite cartridge for hunting for a few reasons. It passes the Hartney test. Meaning when you are out hunting in Hartney, MB and run out of ammo you could easily find some. The 7mm (.284) is a very efficient projectile in itself. It may not have the weight that a .30 or .338 cal has, but because of the efficiency it can maintain a flatter trajectory longer and cuts through the wind very well. This eliminates some of the guessing when it comes to a 300+ yard shot.
    I like the Remington 700 platform and this particular rifle has some features I like. It is light enough to make it comfortable to carry for a day trip without being burdensome. The finish and stock material is such that is you have to pull it through the ugly like some of the valleys I’ve hiked through you don’t have to worry about marring up a high grade stock or metal finish. Yet it still look aesthetically pleasing. The 26” barrel is a light contour and 26”. This gives us minimum weight, but also gives us maximum velocity as all the power burns up before the bullet leaves the barrel. The bottom hinge plate magazine is reliable and you can’t lose it, lock it in your truck or run it over.
    The optic choice is very basic yet effective. I like the 50mm tube for the field of view without having to mount it super high. The glass is very clear and has waterproof technology to help keep your breath from fogging up the glass when you are getting ready to pull the trigger on game. I also like that the minimum magnification is 2.5x as in the thick of it you can still get a minimum power that you can still be effective in close. The reticule is also a very plain v-plex. It’s not too thick but it makes for easy and quick target acquisition and having a busy reticule on a hunting scope can be more a hindrance than help in some cases. Keep it simple. The 7mmRM should be flat enough right out to 400 yards that a little hold over is better than a fancy reticule.

BUY HERE ->https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-10x50mm-Scope

#2: CZ 557 Ranger .308 win
    I chose the CZ Ranger Rifle for a few reasons. I like the Classic look of a Wood Stock and Blued Steel, It has an all metal detachable box magazine, open sights and is MOA accurate (as tested with our demo). I decided to put on a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50 with Burris Low Rings for its clarity and thought it would be a great magnification range for what this rifle will be mainly used for all together making this a very versatile and useable attractive package.
    BUY HERE ->https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-5-10x50mm-BDC

#3:Tikka t3 Lite 270 win
    When asked to do a Wolverine Custom Build, I fairly concrete idea of what I would like to build.
    I knew if I was going to build anything it would have to be a Multi-Purpose Hunting Rifle.

First; Caliber.
    I love .270 Win, simply because it works for every application my family and I use it for.
    Coyotes, Deer, Moose, Elk, it seems universally loved. Not only by my family, but also by anyone else we go hunting with.

Second; Brand.
    Now for me, as an avid hunter, I value my stealth factor. I enjoy being completely invisible to every living creature in the forest. Now if the trophy buck, happens across my path, last thing I want to deal with is a clunky action.
    In comes the Tikka T3. With a very nice, smooth, and quiet bolt action, I can cycle my bolt without any hang-ups, or metal-on-metal noise. Perfect for those cold winter days, when the deer spook at even the slightest wind change.

Third; Scope.
    I am partial to Leupold (Lou-Polled). Very Nice, High Quality Brand, with a reasonable price tag attached.
    For reticle, I like the adage “Keep It Simple Stupid.” I don’t care to have my crosshairs crowded by windage, and elevation marks, so the VX-1 Model. For zoom, I understand a lot of people will shoot deer somewhere between 100-200 yards, so I prefer something along the lines of a 3-9 Power. Most of my hunting has been done, at dusk, when the supply of light is beginning to dwindle. With this in mind, I opted for an OBJ of 50mm to try and maximize the amount of light being brought into the scope, and increase the contrast between the deer, and by background.
    BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...d-VX1-3-9x50mm

#4: Jaeger 10 30-06
    I chose this gun because it is something that is a nicer rifle, and sits well with my accountant. I chose the .30-06 because it would make a good hunting gun . The ammunition is also fairly easy to buy. This particular Haenel has a built in picatinny rail which is a bonus for those that like to have a scope as well as built in iron sights which make it a versatile chose for the hunter. It is a fairly light gun which may appeal to women and youth alike.
    The scope is a Leupold 3-9x50mm power. It gives the hunter a good range of sight to chose while hunting in the trees vs hunting in the open field. The crosshairs are a simple duplex for anyone to just point and shoot. Yet the scope is also classy enough with its gold trim to complement the gun.
    BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...n-Leupold-VX-2

#5: Remington 700 compact .243
    I have put this package together because it is a very appealing package for myself. I have chosen the perfect gun for ladies and youth! It also fits perfectly into my price range. The gun itself is a Remington Model 700 SPS Youth which is a nice versatile hunting rifle .243 cal with 20” barrel with bolt action. The weight, length and calibre is perfect in my opinion. I decided to add a 3-9 x 40 Bushnell scope a very dependable optic and held it all together with Remington model 700 MED Black rings. A reliable set of rings that get the job done and looks the part in my opinion. This gun is perfect for trudging through the bush as it is nice and light, a suitable length and calibre well suited for Ladies and youth hunters! I truly believe this package deal is a great buy, and is ready to be put to work for many years to come!
    BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...hnell-3-9x40mm

#6:Mossberg Patriot 22-250
    This build came from a simple need, a Varmint Rifle. I’m an avid hunter and I wanted a simple, reliable firearm that didn’t break the bank.
    The Mossberg Patriot Rifle is a solid platform and the Ghost Snow Camo is an added bonus to me! She is chambered in the classic varmint caliber, “22-250 Rem”.
    Fitted with a home grown Bushnell 3-9x50mm Multi X Elite, I grew up using Bushnell and have always trusted they will hit my target regardless of conditions.
    Being a Varmint rifle I wanted a light set up that I could lug around the prairies over my shoulder, this being the reason the Vortex Viper rings were chosen.
    They do the job and keep materials to a minimum for no extra clutter on my rifle. This entire platform falls under the, “No Fuss, No Muss” category.
    BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...3-9x50mm-Scope

#7:CZ 527 204 ruger
    I chose this rifle because it is an all around good Varmint rifle, it is a very accurate “out of the box” rifle, which makes it easy for the customer to adapt and make the rifle their own. The sleek design makes for a lighter weight, also for a more comfortable feel. I also really like the look of the wood on the CZ, it finishes it off very nice and brings a bit of class to the table. The set trigger is a very nice feature to have on the rifle, as well as the calibre .204 Ruger, which is much faster and flatter shooting than its slightly larger neighbour the .223, which also comes in the CZ Model 527. With minimal recoil and a lighter feel, it makes it operational for any size or build of shooter.
    I chose the scope I did because of the look and functionality of the Vortex Viper 4-12x40 with the Dead Hold BDC (bullet drop compensator) I Found it complimented the sleek appearance of the rifle, as well as the clarity needed to shoot small targets at a long distance. The Dead-Hold BDC reticule has a customized design that helps eliminate guesswork on hold-over and windage corrections. Good for any hunting or shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over would be a concern.
    BUY HERE ->https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-4-12x40mm-BDC

#8:Ruger M77 Scout 308 win
    I have always liked the scout rifle concept. I am a fan of the lightweight and handy synthetic model as I believe that it best meets the utilitarian purpose of the rifle. The Hilux scope was a no brainer as it is a great LER scope without spending a ton of money. If it were my personal rifle i would Krylon the crap out of it to add to the utilitarian scout rifle motif.
    UNFORTUNATELY THIS RIFLE SOLD BEFORE I COULD EVEN MAKE THIS POST... But its nice to look right?

#9:Robinson Armament XCR-M Pistol 308 win
    DISCLAIMER: The following rifle is not legal for hunting in Canada. It is however super cool tactical operator so I better not see anyone complaining!

The task was to pick ANY firearm in the store and build a dream....ahhhhh that in itself is a dream come true! We were asked to keep in mind the time of year and perhaps pursue a “Hunting” theme with our builds. But I’m not much of a hunter – my interest lies more in the range. Being a newbie to the shooting sports, stationary targets are more to my liking! So, being the rebel spirit I am, I opted to put together a “fun” gun for my build. My choice for a base firearm to work from is an XCR-M .308 Micro Pistol – 9” barrel, Keymod upper, black in color. I chose this gun simply because I like it. When we first got these in, my first thought was “one day I am gonna own one of these bad boys!” lol (Unfortunately I haven’t won the lottery yet, so doing this build is the next best thing to actually owning one!) I am a big fan of the XCR – no matter the model or calibre – but have a soft spot for these pistols. As a Purchaser here at Wolverine Supplies, I deal almost daily with Robinson Armament and you seriously cannot find a nicer bunch of people to deal with. A highlight of my summer was actually getting to meet the “man behind the gun” – Alex Robinson himself, who designed the XCR. It was a great learning experience – check out our website to see the video he did for us during his visit here.
    For the actual build itself (many, many thanks to Tyson for his great assistance and for reining me in with the accessories lol) following is a run-down of everything I used. I hope you enjoy checking this out as much as I enjoyed building this! I LOVE my job.........

XCR-M .308 Micro Pistol – 9” barrel – Keymod upper – black
    Magpul STR Stock
    Dlask stock adaptor
    FAB AGR43 Pistol grip (I wanted to mount it on the side – Tyson wouldn’t let me)
    Magpul RVG forward grip
    Magpul XTM rail panels – we used black and tan and put them on the gun in a checker board pattern –
    VERY COOL!!
    We topped this off with a Vortex Strikefire II on a cant mount, as well as the iron sights – the pistol comes stock with a set of Troy iron sights which I love – I am an iron sight fan and these totally rock!!!

So there you have it – my build.....(and FYI – if I WERE a hunter, and lived somewhere that these are non-restricted, I would have no problem at all packing this little darlin’ through the bush – or better yet, strapped on to a saddle!)

BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...5---StrikeFire

* Take note of the proper super cool tactical operator method of deploying the C-clamp method of operating. This technique ensures maximum economy of motion and tactical synergy.

#10: IWI Tavor
    So there isn’t really much to explain about this one. I took a Tavor, and slapped on a Midwest Industries Rail, a Mepro M5, and a FAB TAR-POD.
    All together they make the Tavor even more appealing to me, now I have a compact Bullpup Rifle that I enjoy the handling of, a solid Red Dot sight, and a unique Bi-pod option that actually is very well suited for the rifle. In the prone position it levels the rifle for quick shots, and takes no space and adds no weight. The M5 is rugged and simple, that’s it… The fore rail, well it’s just built well, simple to install, and adds functionally for little cost. And it gives me something to hand on to a little better than the smaller standard handguard of the Tavor. Links below to the products used for the build, check em out!!
    https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...es-Only--Black
    https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...for-IWI-TAR-21
    https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...c-with-1-8-MOA

BUY HERE ->https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...M5-and-TAR-POD

#11: CZ SP-01 9mm
    I finally got a chance to shoot a CZ75 and really liked the feel of it.
    When we were given the option to ‘build’ a firearm I immediately thought of the CZ. I choose the blue grips and trigger as it seemed fitting as I am Scottish and the blue pops like the Scottish flag. The new grips also made it just a little thinner for holding.

BUY HERE -> https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...ow-Blue-9x19mm
    Last edited by Yuri_Wolverine; 10-22-2015 at 12:45 PM.

CGN Regular
    Did Yuri get into the old man's liquor cabinet or something?
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shmoo View Post
    Did Yuri get into the old man's liquor cabinet or something?
    I like when Yuri drinks!!! Someone has just got to feed him enough shots to the point he remembers (thinks) he's a LEFT handed shot, lol.

Keep pumping out these packages Yuri........ Hopefully a few in Left Hand..... *Hiccup!

CGN Regular
    How do you view #7?

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by gasguzzler View Post
    How do you view #7?
    It may not have gone to the website yet. That is Brittney's build and it was just completed late yesterday.
    I am sure Yuri will update asap.
    There are more to come including a spanky CZ 75

CGN Regular
    Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    where is the link to #5 ???
    more importantly what is the price.
    also, can ya get it in Left Handed?????

#5: Remington 700 compact .243
    I have put this package together because it is a very appealing package for myself. I have chosen the perfect gun for ladies and youth! It also fits perfectly into my price range. The gun itself is a Remington Model 700 SPS Youth which is a nice versatile hunting rifle .243 cal with 20” barrel with bolt action. The weight, length and calibre is perfect in my opinion. I decided to add a 3-9 x 40 Bushnell scope a very dependable optic and held it all together with Remington model 700 MED Black rings. A reliable set of rings that get the job done and looks the part in my opinion. This gun is perfect for trudging through the bush as it is nice and light, a suitable length and calibre well suited for Ladies and youth hunters! I truly believe this package deal is a great buy, and is ready to be put to work for many years to come!
    Last edited by wayupnorth; 10-17-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

If only someone would sell me the Merkel helix demo rifle.....then I would have a hunting rifle.............hint guy...hint grumpy......hint mr wolverine
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    where is the link to #5 ???
    more importantly what is the price.
    also, can ya get it in Left Handed?????
    What we did was ask the staff members who were interested to come up with a firearm package that they would purchase if they were to come into the store. We were hoping for many different concepts from recreational shooters to hunters to the occasional plinker and get staff involved from shipping, receiving, transfers, purchasing and sales. We split into two groups of guys and gals. All the firearms with links to them on the website currently are the guys and we have a little friendly comp going on who's sells first.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    If only someone would sell me the Merkel helix demo rifle.....then I would have a hunting rifle.............hint guy...hint grumpy......hint mr wolverine
    Come on down for a coffee and we can have a chat.....
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast