Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fake Cans and barrle shrouds

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    I'd be in for one as well. Either tan or black.

Yep and for the ones that already have the threaded barrel it would be perfect, it would work in reverse to cover the barrel instead of adding length.

SP
    "History dictates that unresponsive governments force ordinary people to do extraordinary things."

Quote Originally Posted by dhpsask View Post
    I am in for one for a VZ58/CZ858. I would offer the suggestion of two shroud models for the VZ/CZ. One would be if the front sight is moved all the way back to the gas block; this would be about a 7 1/2" shroud. The second would be about a 3" shroud. The second shroud would make the rifle look like the 15.5 inch model. I think these two models would satisfy the majority of your VZ/CZ customer base. I would want the 3" shroud myself.
    To have the sight block recessed to the gas block could only use a shroud of 7" (7 - 1/4" Max.) in length, while those that would want the sight removed completely could stretch to 9" (9 - 1/4" Max.)

The barrel exposed barrel is approximately 9 - 5/16" from the gas block to the muzzle, and the factory sight block is 1.960" in length. The barrel beginning at the gas block is 0.590" in diameter, and tapers to 0.588" just before the front post. The last 1.990" before the threaded portion is turned down to 0.565". Those looking into recessing their sight block will need to increase its internal diameter approximately 0.025".

Other forums I've researched this on has stated this may not leave enough material to be as structurally sound, so I have opted for a new sight with a factory internal diameter of 0.590". It just came in the mail today, I'm about to pick it up.. I'll let you guys know how it seats when I get home.

Had to invest in a proper 12 ton press to remove the old sight block, but the new sight slid on a bit too easy. I drilled tighter grooves into the barrel, so the pins have made it very snug. The new post is about 5mm taller, which can be compensated by bringing the post farther down and the rear sight higher. I set this sight to be almost exactly where a factory front sight block will sit recessed to the gas block. 7 - 1/4" barrel exposed.. 7" to 7 - 1/8" shroud would be perfect to keep from marring the sight.

Any updates on fake cans for AR's BBB?
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

Any update on this at all?

Quote Originally Posted by slowbullet View Post
    How about a fake can for all the factory threaded glocks out there? Seems like everyone and their brother has a threaded g19, no problem selling 25.
    13.5 threading...
    The custom tap would be $500 and would only at best do 10 of them...
    Then there is how do you make it so that it can not be turned in to a real can
    Plus there is also lots of G17's now in country with European threading patterns.

If I get a cz858 that over barrel looks like a good idea if it's not to pricey

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzballer View Post
    Any updates on fake cans for AR's BBB?
    going to start working on that in FEB

Exciting! Can't wait to give you my money.
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

$30 flashlight from Home Depot, two drills and a zip cut. A good temporary shroud

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast