Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Magazine that comes with new Tavor's Pinned at 5 even

CGN Regular

Black Magazine that comes with new Tavor's Pinned at 5 even

So I have met 3 guys with Tavors. We all have the same mag that came from North Sylva.

We all have the same problem with seating the magazine and charging. Its seems that these are all pinned at 5 rounds instead of 5.5 and the tolerances are to tight.

is it just us?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Pretty sure that's an E-lander mag, I had the same problem and didn't find it to be very good. I sold it right after.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

I thinks it's a tavor issue. Kind of. My tavor doesn't like any full(5, 10 or 14 round) mag inserted on a closed bolt, and smacking the bottom of the mag hard to seat is only marginally successful. Where as my AR takes a little effort to get a loaded mag seated on a closed bolt, but not much. A good smack on the mag and it seats.
    Former Proud NFA member

CGN Regular
    I have two mags that came with the Tavor. One is pinned too tight. The other is a bit better.
    My E-Lander mag works great.

I can only get four in the mag that came with mine..
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Redbearded1 View Post
    I thinks it's a tavor issue. Kind of. My tavor doesn't like any full(5, 10 or 14 round) mag inserted on a closed bolt, and smacking the bottom of the mag hard to seat is only marginally successful. Where as my AR takes a little effort to get a loaded mag seated on a closed bolt, but not much. A good smack on the mag and it seats.
    Same here, no mater what mag I use its hard to insert on a closed bolt, so I just load on open bolt.
    I leave all my guns on the table/rack with open bolts to show they are safe so its not an issue, bolt is always open when I pick it up :P

CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    I had to tweak all mine to load 5.5 to load on a closed bolt.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN frequent flyer
    Mine works fine. The PCV-50 beowolf mags seem to only work when loaded to an odd number of rounds
    CCFR Member

Full stock mags, along with LAR and Beowulf (ODEL) all load fine on mine on an open or closed bolt - all with max rounds.

CGN Regular
    The E-lander that came with my MK18 seems to be pinned to 5 rounds even and won't lock in on a closed bolt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast