Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 9mm pistol for newbie with very small hands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    The S&W SD9VE is a small 9. I had the M&P 9 and the SD9 and liked the sd9ve more. There's a couple on the EE for $300 ish.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Colt made an even smaller model called a Mustang back in the days. Also in .380. Unfortunately, unless you had one pre-C-68, it is now a 12(6) gun!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Another vote for the Boberg. They dont come smaller. Literally. I think thats the smallest R-class you can find. Size overall isnt a big deal I know, but the grip should be right up your alley with room to spare. Very nice I hear too. I havent shot one yet, but people tend to like them.
    The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemies not coming, but on our own readiness to receive our enemy. Not on the chance of our enemies not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

The FML 9c1 has about the smallest grip you'll find on a restricted handgun. It's a relatively cheap copy of the Glock 19 but with better ergonomics. The problem with the one I have is that it takes a firm grip for it to function reliably. It's very good when I shoot it but with my wife's weaker grip it jams once or twice per magazine.
    EOSC.ca

Walther p99/PPQ and the H&K SFP9/P30 are really good guns for people with small hands, I should know. The grips on the H&K's are fully customizable; with different back straps as well as side panels. Also the european style trigger guard mag release is nice so you can drop the mag using your trigger finger and don't have to adjust your grip.
    Eat, sleep, , reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    The S&W SD9VE is a small 9. I had the M&P 9 and the SD9 and liked the sd9ve more. There's a couple on the EE for $300 ish.
    I wouldn't recommend this due to the tough trigger pull.
    Probably not the best option for a small female hand.
    I found mine tiring to shoot a lot.

My wife likes her sr9 from ruger.
    If only war was waged with hockey sticks and pucks, I would be whirlwind of destruction

I purchase a Glock 17 Gen 4 for my daughter she has small hands that has no issues handling it

My girlfriend shoots a Ruger SR9. Nice little pistol and they themselves market it as a gun for people with small hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12