Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 9mm pistol for newbie with very small hands

Best 9mm pistol for newbie with very small hands

Looking for some suggestions. I am a petite woman who has very small hands and is looking for her first 9mm handgun. Currently I own a Smith & Wesson M&P 22, and really enjoy this gun, however, the fit for my hand is still a little large. Anyone recommend the MP 9 mm or other suggestions?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Many modern polymer designs have changeable grips, including the M&P, Gen 4 Glocks, and Walther PPQ.

If your hands are really small you may want to look at revolvers. With the correct grips they fit quite a bit smaller. There are some 9mm designs.

Good luck!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Maybe a single stack 9mm 1911? The SA only trigger will help with short fingers also.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I was looking at a 38 super or auto? 1911 , yesterday . It was a very small but very nice handgun. The projectiles looked to be about the same as 9mm. The clerk said it was very snappy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    You better reload if you're shooting .38 Super...

Browning just released a smallish 1911 in .380, but they've had rather mixed reviews...

CGN frequent flyer THE_SASQUATCH's Avatar
    Boberg

Small as you can get

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I was looking at a 38 super or auto? 1911 , yesterday . It was a very small but very nice handgun. The projectiles looked to be about the same as 9mm. The clerk said it was very snappy
    The .38Super is a longer round than the 9mm and, yes, it is snappier than a 9mm. About a .40 or a 9mm+P ish recoil.
    http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/38SuperTo9mm.htm
    The .380 ACP is a smaller round but, since the guns that shoot it are also smaller, they are also quite snappy in the hands of a novice. Ammo supply for both are also not as common, at least around my parts.
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Maybe it wa a 380, it was a small 1911 and there was lots of ammo for it. And if there's ammo for anything around here then it's easy to get anywhere else. My son was shooting my colt 1911 .22 and was finding it a bit to big. I was thinking this 38 or 380? Would fit him perfect. Till I was told it was to much recoil for him.It was so nice , I almost got it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Maybe it wa a 380, it was a small 1911 and there was lots of ammo for it. And if there's ammo for anything around here then it's easy to get anywhere else. My son was shooting my colt 1911 .22 and was finding it a bit to big. I was thinking this 38 or 380? Would fit him perfect. Till I was told it was to much recoil for him.
    Yup,
    I think the gun is the one PE mentioned. It's a "baby" Browning 1911 in .380acp. New gun released this year ( I think?) in Canada.
    It's a very comfortable gun for small hands..until you shoot it! Like a 3/4 size 1911.
    I'm surprised .380 ammo is that easy to come by in your area. It isn't in mine, at least from my LGS. Can Ammo has them on sale once in a while.
    CCFR CPC

Yes it was a Browning,$750. The projectile looked identical to a 9 mm RN. Case was a bit shorter. It' a sweet little gun. Now I'm probably going to take another look at it tomorrow And the ammo is only available from the store that has the gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast