Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAM Thunderbolt = MAJOR major disappointment

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    sounds like the store did right by you, and you learned a lesson in handgun choices. Not being snotty - I've been there too until the past year.

Not many stores are going to refund your shipping. I know the "No BS Warranty" guys do, but its no doubt cheaper than them doing QA on every cheap norc gun.

From experience I know that Wolverine will do right by their customers. Doesn't mean you are going to be 100% satisfied all the time, but you also aren't going to be left with a lemon, or left hanging for weeks or months in trying to get a reply, let alone resolution.

^^^
    This.

You get what you pay for. Strict Quality control has a cost. The tighter it is, the less defects slips through. SAMs are a hell of a deal but intrinsically, more "oups" are bound to happen.

Many of us bought from other shops and never were treated as decently as OP was. Lucky for OP he bought from an outstanding and reputable gun shop. I just hope is is as critical of the product he bought than the service received so far.

To OP thanks for sharing. Thank yourself too for buying from WS: they listened and they cared.
    For the few $ in the red? I call it experience and it was dirt cheap/heluva-deal in this case!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

I can understand your frustration but you are not really out the price of the holster as it will work with other 1911s. Personally if I'm out the cost of shipping, so be it. I'd just be happy to be able to return the gun.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    ^^^

Many of us bought from other shops and never were treated as decently as OP was. Lucky for OP he bought from an outstanding and reputable gun shop. I just hope is is as critical of the product he bought than the service received so far.

To OP thanks for sharing. Thank yourself too for buying from WS: they listened and they cared.
    This is why I buy from Wolverine Supplies. They accepted this as a refund. Buy from some of the other dealers, and you'd be trying to work out return shipping to the manufacturer along with any cross border shenanigans.

Hell, a local store refused to refund me an unopened, still sealed part I bought from them when the manufacturer sent me a new one to my surprise. This was Wolverine taking a transferred pistol back at their cost, good move.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Have you tried different mags? Sounds like that's the issue, also try and polish your feed ramp
    Quote Originally Posted by gdawg View Post
    I can understand your frustration but you are not really out the price of the holster as it will work with other 1911s. Personally if I'm out the cost of shipping, so be it. I'd just be happy to be able to return the gun.
    This ^^^ plusany places charge a restocking fee. So IMO you should be more than happy.

What has that Justin Timberlake song again?
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

I dont feel the guy is at fault for anything as a customer and im thankful he took the time to explain what happend and warn us about the sam issue. For a 1000 bucks your stepping out of the cheap pistol to the nicer quality and you should not see any manufacturers defects for that kind of money. I believe in this case the shipping is the sellers responsibilitu which wolverine was proactive in refunding. Cudos to wolverine and yes sometimes things get over looked in a bust store. This story has a happy ending and problems arent always caught but its about what you do after that matters in customer service.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tinviper View Post
    I dont feel the guy is at fault for anything as a customer and im thankful he took the time to explain what happend and warn us about the sam issue. For a 1000 bucks your stepping out of the cheap pistol to the nicer quality and you should not see any manufacturers defects for that kind of money. I believe in this case the shipping is the sellers responsibilitu which wolverine was proactive in refunding. Cudos to wolverine and yes sometimes things get over looked in a bust store. This story has a happy ending and problems arent always caught but its about what you do after that matters in customer service.
    Totally agree. He has every right to make his concerns in a forum.

I bought my first restricted from wolverine. A m&p 22 pistol. Service and everything was great. The darn thing shot like crap until I finally replace the sights. Now it's an amazing shooter.

I would definitely buy from wolverine again!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Did you ask Wolverine to reimburse your shipping, before claiming they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Please e-mail me direct so I can look into this for you. Under these circumstances our standard policy would be to refund you your shipping costs as the "fault" was not your responsibility, this is our loss, the cost of doing business. Not sure what went wrong here with your full refund, but a call to us would have resolved everything. I do know that we did have some problems with some of the last SAM 9 mm barrels. I will be forwarded this all on to SAM.
    Total class. OP pwnd. Before badmouthing a business, have all of the facts straight. Having issues with products is the cost of doing business. Even Colt has problems from time to time. This could have been better dealt with in private.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CamDelle View Post
    Totally agree. He has every right to make his concerns in a forum.

I bought my first restricted from wolverine. A m&p 22 pistol. Service and everything was great. The darn thing shot like crap until I finally replace the sights. Now it's an amazing shooter.

I would definitely buy from wolverine again!

It's not a RIGHT.

Not in a privately funded forum.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Question to Wolverine - because I was highly interested in a SAM thunderbolt myself. Is it possible for you to inspect the product before shipping it or maybe before applying for the transfer to ensure (at least at eye level) that the gun looks good to go?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast