Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for reasonable input on Modern Varmint options.

Nickle Boron, nickle teflon, or TiNi are cool. Pick whichever is cheapest. The Teflon is the most superior from what I've read.

Have you figured out which rails will work with the rifle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    The lantac nickel boron coating is what I would want if I was going to go with an upgraded coating
    This ×100

Makes it so its not to gotti but still maintains that high class custom feel

The TiN is jut a little to edgy, reminds me of a rapper with those gold teeth. What do they call em, "grillz"?
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 10-28-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Well since you asked

1. Adjustable Gas Blocks. I have a SLR rifle works adjustable gas block on one of my ARs, it's nice, works well and with the JP Silent Capture Spring system it can be tuned to your ammo. No over gassing and less felt recoil. I can also shut off the gas system so I do not have to chase brass (or use a brass catcher) when shooting off the bench.

2. JP Enterprises Silent Capture Spring System. You can get rid of the buffer retainer screw on your design, making it easier to clean and you don't get the 'twang' in your ear while shooting.

3. Different receiver end plates, some people like QD's, some like snap hooks, lots of different types available. Maybe have people supply their own if they want something unusual?

4. Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier group!!! Great Idea, I have a Nickel Boron BCG made by WMD in one of my AR's, easier to clean than say the 'Mil Spec' one in my Colt Canada SA20. +1 for the Lantac NiB BCG, they seem very nice, were not available in Canada when I was building my AR or I would have bought it. Most people don't have the luxury of a ultrasonic cleaner at their house, so easier to clean is always good.

Maybe even offer to modify customers bolt carriers to use in the rifle, so much selection in bolts & bolt carriers out their now. Some want NiB, other lightweight, etc.

5. Different Safety Options. Maybe a Short Throw Safety?

6. Lantac Dragon Muzzle brake. I love the one I have.

7. Maybe you could sell them like Colt USA does with their 6920 series. Specifically their 6920-OEM2 rifle, that comes without handguard or buttstock or magazine. basically stripped. See link below:
    http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/LE6920Series.aspx

I know I have a rather large selection of AR 'stuff' at my house & would just try different buttstocks & handguards on the rifle until I found ones that 'felt right'. Then I would order whatever I wanted if it ended up being a duplicate of a buttstock/handguard off of another rifle. Or for people on a budget they could pull some stuff out of their parts bin (or cannibalize their existing rifles) to throw on for now.

8. As others have said, caliber options. I know you are opposed to this for reasons that have been stated a few times in other threads. But seriously quite a few people will want to hunt deer with this rifle. My vote would be for 6.5 Grendal or 6.8SPC. You already sell 6.5 Grendal in your store!

9. Option of a 2nd upper. Either stripped so we can build our own upper (I know you have said that this is a no go, but people are going to keep asking), or complete so we can cover the heavy & long vs light & short barrel options.

Too bad the upper is not the serial numbered part like on Swiss Arms rifles. If that were the case I could realistically get rid of half my ARs and replace them with one MV lower and several uppers.

PS. Now for my attempt at humor.

I personally don't want a TiN Gold Coloured BCG, looks a little too bling for me as other have said. But if you do go that route, you might appeal to a different type of buyer and could potentially expand your product line. You could also offer other accessories like:
    a nice high crown flat brimmed ATRS ball cap, with sticker on brim
    diamond studded ATRS phone cases
    ATRS bandanas
    could make a sweet collector set of firearms if you sell with a TiN Plated 1911 or Desert Eagle!

That was WELL within the scope of "Do y'all want coatings on your BCG".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    We ARE going to incorporate the JP silent captured buffer system in the MV and going forward in the MH. We will likely be offering a retofit kit on existing MHs to those who want them.

We do not deal with Lantac, so no go there.
    The modifications to the bolt carrier preclude Nickle Boron coating.
    People are already bitching about a mag shortage so to get further into a mag supply problem for 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel mags is just not gonna happen.
    Additional complete uppers will be available for both rifles at some point, but right now we are struggling just to keep up with complete MH builds.

We have no plans of offering anything but completed rifles or completed uppers. To try and source each and every persons gotta have list is just not feasible, we can make guns or make phone calls to other manufacturers looking for products, but not both.

If someone wants to change the furniture we supply to something else that we do not have access to, order a rifle in base model form and then change to whatever you want, just like you have to do with the huge manufacturers that don't bother asking for input or giving you options.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I'd be in for a captured spring retro kit for my hunter. Not too particular on bolt coating but I would prefer black to anything flashy.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 257hunter View Post
    I'd be in for a captured spring retro kit for my hunter. Not too particular on bolt coating but I would prefer black to anything flashy.
    For anyone wanting this upgrade please email us at the shop so we can order accordingly. We should have pricing on them worked out with JP in the next day or 2.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    For anyone wanting this upgrade please email us at the shop so we can order accordingly. We should have pricing on them worked out with JP in the next day or 2.
    Will do, thanks.

I guess with a 223 your going with a basic a2 flash hider?

Will we have our choice of flash hider? Maybe this would be an option.
    |CCFR|

no coating please, not needed, and am going to have a hard enough time scraping pennies as it is. if mr. fancy pants money bags wants a coated bolt they can send it off on their own...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast