Thread: Need a suggestion on a light for the Midwest industries 18" key mod hand guard!

Need a suggestion on a light for the Midwest industries 18" key mod hand guard!

I'm in the middle of purchasing a Midwest industries hand guard, and the 1" light adapter is in the cart, but what light and switch to go with? Seeing as you have it in front of you to play with, what would work? Bright, and uses common batteries are the only qualifications. Your recommendations have always worked out, so what do you think?

CGN Regular
    I like the Surefire Mini Scout light, personally. I also have an Inforce WML, which is nice, but doesnt seem be of the same build quality of the Surefire.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    We've got some Fenix lights with weapon mounts coming in. Excellent flashlights (in use with a lot of police forces and I have been "testing" one for a year and I love it, my surefires haven't been out of the house since I got this one) and they are more economically priced than the surefire. We have surefire and inforces but check out the fenix lights when they come in.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    if you want the light mounted to the top of the rail (12 o'clock) get the Inforce, looks great and the agled activation button is in the perfect spot for that application,

if you are mounting it (10-11 o'clock) I would recommend the surefire on a Haley strategic key mod thorntail off set mount

the Haley mount is cheap and great quality

I want to mount it into the hand guard with the 1" adapter, and have it on a switch. I saw some wicked bright fenix lights I'd like to use a pressure switch to operate it as well. But no disrespect, but your site is short on details. I already paid for my shopping cart full of goodies, but I still need a light.