Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabrique Nationale FNAR-H Preorder - $1599.99!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Heavy barrel and pic rail? From what i hear the have to be sent to FN for thorough cleaning as disassembly is very complex
    False,the first time take the time to observe, afterward it's not complicated at all.
    I clean mine stripped in 15 minutes... Now if your hands are full a thumbs could be a good idea to send it away for cleaning... JP.

It's the same guts as a Browning BAR as far as I'm aware... Disassembly is more complex than a lot of rifles, but it's definitely something you can do at home...

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Probably the most accurate semi .308 out there.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by latouf View Post
    This might be what I was looking for the replace the sg542 I recently acquired and for which I'm having second thoughts.

If your a accuracy snob and dont really care about losing the battle rifle look, do it . would be hard pressed to find a semi that will shoot as good for near the price. Would need a very high dollar AR10 or M1a to equal the groups i have seen shot from these rifles .

For one, i wanted to order a MH but this FNAR is so darn precise, .5 MOA with handloads, i decided not to....
    This rifle is the perfect storm... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Yup, listed my FNAR Competition on the EE a few weeks ago but decided to keep it. Glad I did cuz I really would have miss it. A non-restricted mag fed .308 semi auto that shoots well under 1" @ 100y (.6-.7" is the norm) with factory 168's match all day long is not a common rifle. Looking at MH's range report, even if there's only a few, I'm pretty sure that the FNAR can deliver tighter groups with tuned ammo and the M1A's I've seen couldn't touch the FNAR accuracy wise. Sure you can spend a lot of money on some very high end custom AR10's or M1A's but why would you when you can get this one for less than 1/3 of the price and it will shoot just as good while having flawless reliability?

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

extra Mags? weight?
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

What the pros of FN SPR A5M XP over this one? The SPR A5M XP cost double than this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    What the pros of FN SPR A5M XP over this one? The SPR A5M XP cost double than this rifle.
    Excellent rifle, mine shoot awesome, but for the price the SPR is not superior to the SSG3000 at less than 50% of the price, we are talking about BA here, were you get in the paying zone with a SA rifle .5- .6 MOA is only the beginning for the BA that can get to .3 -.2 MOA easy with handloaded ones... JP.
    Last edited by caramel; 11-13-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Excellent rifle, mine shoot awesome, but for the price the SPR is not superior to the SSG3000 at less than 50% of the price, we are talking about BA here, were you get in the paying zone with a SA rifle .5- .6 MOA is only the beginning for the BA that can get to .3 -.2 MOA easy with handloaded ones... JP.
    Sorry JP, pardon my ignorance, can you school me on acronyms? What is SA and BA?

Thanks

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast