Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter Charge Handle Upgrade

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Modern Hunter Charge Handle Upgrade

We have had a few purchasers advise us that their charge handle does not stay latched in the closed position sometimes.
    This seems to vary from dropping the bolt with the bolt release to sometimes during discharge.
    The occurrence has been very low, but still of a enough concern to us to see what can be done to correct this.

IF you are seeing this problem with your MH please contact us. What we have come up with is a modification to the charge handle assembly that embeds a rare earth magnet into the handle to keep the handle in the closed position. Going forward this will be standard in the rifles.

For those experiencing this we ask that you mail the old charge handle back to us, which entails removing 2 screws. The modification is done at no charge apart from the costs of shipping.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

As usual Rick, you guys are on the ball!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I will be in Calgary tomorrow afternoon for the Zahal Tavor Carbine Course at CSC. Do you accept walk ins to have this issue corrected? I still have not found time to test this rifle anymore since the last time I was to Calgary in August, ao I had not pursued resolving the issue with you guys since then. It would be awesome to no longer have to worry about this issue going forward!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I will be in Calgary tomorrow afternoon for the Zahal Tavor Carbine Course at CSC. Do you accept walk ins to have this issue corrected? I still have not found time to test this rifle anymore since the last time I was to Calgary in August, ao I had not pursued resolving the issue with you guys since then. It would be awesome to no longer have to worry about this issue going forward!
    The best answer I can give you is that we will try our best to help you out. We just ordered the parts that we need but have a couple completed 1s on hand so should be able to solve it on short notice.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

My MH is getting shipped today! I wonder if the change will be made on my rifle or not?

Already talked to Shawn about this, but it's going to have to wait until after hunting season now. Hope that won't be an issue. Thanks for looking into this and coming up with a fix in such a timely manner
    Last edited by KePet; 11-06-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKilledBambi View Post
    My MH is getting shipped today! I wonder if the change will be made on my rifle or not?
    Yes so is mine and Im wondering if mine will be shipped with the change made to it ?

thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    I dont have a MH but I must say the after sales support here is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKilledBambi View Post
    Unfortunately not as we are still making parts with the upgrade in them. The fastest way is to send us the charge handle so we can make the revision and return it.

We won't start to include the JP buffer system until the next run as all the parts are here already for the current 1.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Unfortunately not as we are still making parts with the upgrade in them. The fastest way is to send us the charge handle so we can make the revision and return it.

We won't start to include the JP buffer system until the next run as all the parts are here already for the current 1.
    okay sounds good what is the JP buffer system ?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast