Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Rpal

Tips for Rpal

Hey Everyone

As most of you are aware I am taking my safety course for my restricted this weekend. Just wondering if anyone would like to provide insight as to what my day will include? Is it the same stuff as the unrestricted just with pistols and revolvers?

Should I bring a note pad and pen to take notes? Is it a written test? Practical test?

Any thoughts provided would be appreciated.

Regards,

HR
    "Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on indulgence of societies understanding" - Raz Al Ghoul.

Super Moderator
    Written and practical.
    Do you have the manual?
    Would taking notes help you learn?
    Restricted is actually easier than NR. If you have NR, R is no big deal. Just be aware of the differences between handguns and longarms.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Written and practical.
    Do you have the manual?
    Would taking notes help you learn?
    Restricted is actually easier than NR. If you have NR, R is no big deal. Just be aware of the differences between handguns and longarms.
    No I don't have the manual. I wasn't aware there was one. I got the books left from my NR course, if that's what your inferring to.
    Writing doesn't help me learn. I recently figured out from a leadership course I took with the army that I am a visual/tactile learner.

Judging from your comment of "No big deal" I assume I will pass so long as I pay attention in class and absorb throughout the day. Cheers

HR
    "Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on indulgence of societies understanding" - Raz Al Ghoul.

Super Moderator
    The manual can be downloaded. It would be worth reading it prior to the course.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    The manual can be downloaded. It would be worth reading it prior to the course.
    Perfect. Thank you!

Wherebouts is your course in Ontario.
    "We must Unite as ONE!!"

Quote Originally Posted by RocKeTRicH View Post
    Wherebouts is your course in Ontario.
    Sent you a PM

It should not be a problem for you if you already passed your NR. ACTS and PROVE rules applies to long and short guns.
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Pay attention to the storage and transportation part. The rules for restricted are, of course, stricter.
    You will have the written test and then a hands on test. You will have to safely handle a SA/DA semi auto, a double action revolver and a single action revolver.
    As far as the handling portion goes it is pretty straight forward and you do get a chance to handle the guns ahead of time not like they just go "here take this and show me safe handling".
    Like every one else has said if you passed the NR the restricted will be no problem. Just be careful as I find the biggest issue with the pistols is the "T" in ACTS. Gripping a pistol your finger is right there you can't grip it any lower on the stock.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

well, how did it go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast