Thread: Shipping address when buying online? (For non-restricted)

Shipping address when buying online? (For non-restricted)

I've tried my best google and done some searches in this forum, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question:

When purchasing a non-restricted firearm online, do I have to have it shipped to my home address or can I have it shipped to my work address?

It's much easier for me to receive packages at my work, but I don't know if this is considered ok.

Thanks for the help

CGN frequent flyer
    It's entirely up to the seller, as far as I know. Some may insist on shipping to the address on your PAL just to cover themselves.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Your PAL actually does not have an address listed, however it is linked in RCMP files. This is to prevent theft of your firearms should your PAL be stolen or lost.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

My buddy had an SKS shipped to his work address because he wasn't home much...not sure about the whole legality of it all but it seemed to work out for him. Might be one of those "if they don't check you are alright" kind of things. Up to you if you want to risk it I guess.

If you aren't going to be home, maybe ask a friend/family member to try and stop by your place for a bit when it is scheduled to be delivered?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Your PAL actually does not have an address listed, however it is linked in RCMP files.
    Yes exactly, if the seller calls to verify the PAL they will tell him if the provided address is the one on record or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Yes exactly, if the seller calls to verify the PAL they will tell him if the provided address is the one on record or not.
    CFP will not verify an address or even ask for one when verifying a PAL. They also will not verify an address on a restricted transfer.

Legally they can not due to the privacy act.

Shawn

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    CFP will not verify an address or even ask for one when verifying a PAL. They also will not verify an address on a restricted transfer.

Legally they can not due to the privacy act.

Shawn
    In that case the answer for the OP is go ahead and get it shipped to wherever you want.

Honestly, it's all up to your employer.

just ship it to your house...

I use Flex Delivery with Canada Post, it'll go directly to your post office. If you're not home they'll put a slip on your door to go to PO anyway. This way it goes directly to PO without chance they'll leave at your doorstep. They've left my Glock delivery at my doorstep before so I use Flex, CFO was fine with it.
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong