Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rpal Question

Rpal Question

Hey guys applying for rpal and question asks about suicide attempts in the past 5 years I had a little trouble about 8 years ago with an ex wife that I had a hard time with. The police where called and I was taken to the hospital and released the next day, no meds and no doctor visits etc nothing came of it, I also just divorced her last March which would put me in the two years I noted on the form on a separate piece of paper, It was an easy divorce no assets to split no kids and neither of us showed in court to dispute, I have had a clean record since then not even a traffic ticket, will I have a hard time get the license?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    It asks about FIVE years - only answer about FIVE years, period.

Capiche?

They may/likely will call your ex and ask her about violence/threats, etc - but a long as it was a clean break, and she's honest, you'll be fine.

-J.

I don't think you will have any issues as there were no following visits with doctors. The only thing that may cause problems would be the ex. Just my $.02
    My decision making skills closely resemble that of a squirrel when crossing the street!!

They WILL contact your EX

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention the ex and I had been separated for 6 years and haven't seen her in that time, been in a steady relationship for 5 years with a live in girlfriend that was kinda pushing me for a divorce. Used her as my common law on app.

Quote Originally Posted by Miketyler View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention the ex and I had been separated for 6 years and haven't seen her in that time, been in a steady relationship for 5 years with a live in girlfriend that was kinda pushing me for a divorce. Used her as my common law on app.
    Then the WILL contact your GF

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    Then the WILL contact your GF

Maybe she could get her interview out of the way at the same time!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    If you've been apart from your ex for 6 years, you may not even have to mention her.

Offer NO MORE information than what they ask for!!! Be honest, but don't screw yourself. If you humped a kangaroo 5 years plus a day ago, it doesn't need to be mentioned.

The people on the other end of the application ARE NOT your friend.

-J.

ps - you shouldn't hump kangaroos, that's not cool.

Just an update for anyone in a similar situation, after 5 months and calling every once and awhile I finally got the licence but it wasn't easy. After RCMP passed it to the local AFO office I was called from the records department and asked a bunch of question on a charge that happened years ago about mischief and my suicide attempt. She didn't care about any of my references that I had put down she only wanted to speak to family members, well most of my family is anti gun except for one brother but she wanted to speak to two people my sister (who thinks no one should have these killing machines) never called her back but my brother had talked to her, she had also talked to my sons mother and my current live in girlfriend who is also applying. After all that she called me back to get a medical disclosure filled out by my doctor he had no history on the event and I have never been on any meds for anything in my life for depression. I mailed it back right away and never heard nothing for two months so I called in and asked if she received it and she said she did but was sitting on her desk and she would pass it on to her colleague. Get a phone call shortly after from a constable asking to set up a face to face interview with my girlfriend and myself, I was thinking damn didn't we just go over all this? Nope on to another round. The very nice constable showed up and we chatted for about 45 minutes very briefly about my past and spoke more about what he does and just shot the sh#t for the rest of the time, thinking it was all done again, nope he wanted to speak to my sister and brother again well my sister never answered and my brother called back and spoke to him and was approved. I think it would have taken a lot longer if I hadn't read on this site to follow up and ask if they needed any more information so thanks to all the gunnutz community.
    Last edited by Miketyler; 03-23-2016 at 09:29 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good luck with everything and just remember all of the people you talked to and all the process you went through was for yours and public safety yes but at the end of the day.... "Attempted Suicide" with a gun is normally not the outcome. Every time these folks approve an appication they have to live with the fact if contacted down the road something horrible happened, there judgment call could have affected the outcome and the severity.

Glad you are feeling well and everything is looking up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast