Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: zastava m07 in 308 and 7.62x54!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    That is a great looking rifle. How does it shoot?
    It shoots as good as one could expect out of surplus ammo and my rookie skills.

I often hit 1.5" groups with it. I think with hand loads it's easily get under 1". Here's some targets from it off a sand bag. My lead sled sits too high to use at my range. It'd be nice to take my shaky element out of it and see what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bshoot View Post
    Any tips on finding one thats good enough to use fir this?
    I'd say look for one with a shiny bore and check the bore diameter by inserting a bullet into the muzzle and picking the one that goes down the least. Out of all my Mosins the most accurate are the tightest bores and still shiny.

Here's my other decent one outfitted with an accurizing kit, $26 scope mount and $45 AIM scope.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lejarretnoir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    I use a mosin.

Still, it'd be nice to get something that shot 7.62X54r with a heavy barrel and could not heat up as quick.
    Not a problem.
    Have a gunsmith install a new match barrel with the bore of your choice for less than one of those rifles in the OP pics.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Hardly counts. The gp11ammo is basically match grade. I've read they still use it for competitions in Switzerland, its that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew789 View Post
    A little off topic but you can use a k31 for a cheap target rifle that shoots sub moa surplus ammo

[IMG] gif uploader[/IMG]
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Hardly counts. The gp11ammo is basically match grade. I've read they still use it for competitions in Switzerland, its that good.
    It is that good, after putting many through my k31... I can attest to this.
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

Going back to Zastava M07.

I wanted to get this rifle since I am originally from Serbia. I called all companies that import their product and they all said that the only way for me to get it in Canada is of there would be a bigger demand here. They can't import only one rifle. So I contacted Zastava directly to see if anything else could be done. They said pretty much the same thing plus that I could come to Serbia and buy one there from local retailers and then bring it into Canada by myself. In order to do that i need to have firearms licence in Serbia which I don't because I don't live there anymore. Another drawback was that after buying a plane ticket and finishing all import paperwork and paying for the rifle I realised I could buy Sako Trg 22.

Unless many people start demanding this rifle that would make a bigger demand here it will never happen. Another thing is that Zastava makes these M07 after an order has been placed. They don't have them stocked up.

M808 is father of M07 but it does not have match heavy barrel and stock is kind of ugly. Everything else is pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Digiclown; 12-17-2015 at 06:09 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    Why?

Could a .308 rifle be rechambered for the 7.62x54?
    No. The bore size of the 7.62 x 54 is .311"

Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    Why?

Could a .308 rifle be rechambered for the 7.62x54?
    Besides, would you buy a Corvette and swap out the LT4 for a Lada engine because it gets a little better milage?

Quote Originally Posted by Digiclown View Post

I wanted to get this rifle since I am originally from Serbia. I called all companies that import their product and they all said that the only way for me to get it in Canada is of there would be a bigger demand here. They can't import only one rifle. So I contacted Zastava directly to see if anything else could be done. They said pretty much the same thing plus that I could come to Serbia and buy one there from local retailers and then bring it into Canada by myself. In order to do that i need to have firearms licence in Serbia which I don't because I don't live there anymore. Another drawback was that after buying a plane ticket and finishing all import paperwork and paying for the rifle I realised I could buy Sako Trg 22.

Unless many people start demanding this rifle that would make a bigger demand here it will never happen. Another thing is that Zastava makes these M07 after an order has been placed. They don't have them stocked up.

M808 is father of M07 but it does not have match heavy barrel and stock is kind of ugly. Everything else is pretty much the same.
    Same reason I wanted the Zastava M07, but if I will be honest with you its just not worth the money they are asking for it. If memory serves me correctly they are looking at about $2k for the rifle. For that money you could (and I have) bought a remington 700 5r and had about a $1000 left to start on a great optic.
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

Quote Originally Posted by Digiclown View Post

Actually, the airfare may be a drawback but you do not need to have a Serbian gun licence to buy arms in Serbia. If you are from there and visiting relatives technically you could buy something from Zastava's factory shop. Here is what it says on their website;

Documents needed by foreign citizens for purchasing

Zastava arms hunting, sport and arms for personal protection in ZASTAVA ORUŽJE shop,

Str. Stojana Protića bb, 34000 Kragujevac, SERBIA

· Purchasing permit, from purchaser's state and its translation into Serbian from the embassy of Serbia in purchaser's country or a translation done by an authorized translator in Serbia in 2 (two) copies.

· Ministry of Interior, Republic of Serbia, Beograd, str. Ljermontova, issues certificate for purchasing and taking arms of Serbia, which includes date and place of carrying out.

· The tax for certificate is 20 EUR about.

· Valid passport and its photocopy.

· Money for purchasing, in domestic currency (RSD).

· Purchaser must possess other documentation, if needed by laws of state into which they enter arms.

However I would prefer to get it here from local vendors.

...and too bad we can't have something like this available to own/purchase in Canada. Even if it came with 5 round magazine

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/civili...ting-rifle-pap

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast