Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dealer Tesro Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    You have some very nice looking products, Its good to see another supplier offering quality items available to the Canadian market.
    Welcome and good luck to you.

I recently bought ammunition (SK Standard Plus) from Tesro Canada and was truly pleased with costumer service and with the product. I will gladly be buying from them again. Oh and Tesro rifles are very tempting...

Marcos

I’m not so sure if I like Tesro’s attitude to selling firearm-related items. At some point in time I had close encounters of the third kind with Tesro. I was buying 22LR ammo (SK Magazine) and on the top of “normal” request for PAL etc. they requested “a proof of address”! I’ve been dealing with a number of online gun retailers but first time I got a request like that. So, I promptly sent them my address using e-mail. But that was NOT enough for “Asmir and Miriam”. They requested a copy of my DRIVERS LICENCE! Since I already paid for my order by EMT there was no way I could cancel my order. Reluctantly, I sent them a scan of my drivers licence. I guess I’ll be quite reluctant to buy anything from them again.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    I’m not so sure if I like Tesro’s attitude to selling firearm-related items. At some point in time I had close encounters of the third kind with Tesro. I was buying 22LR ammo (SK Magazine) and on the top of “normal” request for PAL etc. they requested “a proof of address”! I’ve been dealing with a number of online gun retailers but first time I got a request like that. So, I promptly sent them my address using e-mail. But that was NOT enough for “Asmir and Miriam”. They requested a copy of my DRIVERS LICENCE! Since I already paid for my order by EMT there was no way I could cancel my order. Reluctantly, I sent them a scan of my drivers licence. I guess I’ll be quite reluctant to buy anything from them again.
    Not sure I see what the big deal is. If you wanted to cancel, you could've... EMT or otherwise. Some places are asking for ID to buy ammo in person. These guys here need to know your address to ship to you. If you're not comfortable sharing your D/L photo, did you ask if you could offer a different proof of address? Such as a utility bill, etc.?

The point is, were you happy with the product? the price? and the service? If so, that's all that really matters.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Not sure I see what the big deal is. If you wanted to cancel, you could've... EMT or otherwise. Some places are asking for ID to buy ammo in person. These guys here need to know your address to ship to you. If you're not comfortable sharing your D/L photo, did you ask if you could offer a different proof of address? Such as a utility bill, etc.?

The point is, were you happy with the product? the price? and the service? If so, that's all that really matters.

Usually, I buy ammo online with the exception of my local CT where they ask me about my PAL number not my D/L or whatever is related to my address. I’ve been doing a number of firearm related transactions online per year and NOBODY EVER asked me about providing a “proof of address”, like providing my D/L. Tesro knew my shipping address very well because first, I had to register on their website as I do for many other online vendors which includes address, and second, I submitted my address to them separately by e-mail.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if all online firearms vendors were requesting a “proof of address”. However, that sort of weird request is only limited to Tesro. That’s why I’ve been so uneasy about the incident.
    The 22LR ammo I’ve bought was O.K. but nothing to write home about. But that’s not their fault obviously. They sell what they have in store.

welcome!

BANNED
    They are a very small shop Asmir and Miriam have been nothing but helpful in my dealings with them.. YMMV

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Its always a pleasure to see more suppliers come along to help our hobby grow.

BANNED
    Necro posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12