Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What should I do past 45 days?

My one buddy needed his PAL for the butcher shop we work at (because you know, were one of the select few that humanely euthanize ) and it went through but it took him a year to get his card. I just hope mine comes soon cuz March I'm going to my first gun show
    Water bottles don't need a tax stamp.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    It all depends how easy your REFS are contacted In my case it took the cfo over 4 months to contact my one ref and they won't issue an Rpal/pal without checking all refs on the app

Quote Originally Posted by Noltz View Post
    Give them a call. Be polite, and hold your tongue. They have the power to slip your form to the bottom of the pile no problem. This is a privilege here, not a right. "Hi, I noticed my application has been in processing for a while. I'm calling to make sure you have all the paperwork you need and you're not waiting on anything from me? No? Just a busy time of year huh? Ok, thank you for your time. Please call me anytime on my cell number if you have any questions or need more information."
    +1... For whatever reason it takes anywhere from 1 month - 1 year... various reasons for that, from what I understand if they call a reference, and dont get an answer, they leave a message and do not bother calling back. It is up to the reference to call back, so if they dont get the message, or forget, the file will just sit there for months, or possibly a year.

There is a random element to it... some references called... others not... three of us took it at once... one got his in about 5 weeks, I got mine in about 2 1/2 months, last guy got his in about 4 months... average time seems to be 2 months. Depends on the province or time of the year you apply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123