Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: new product idea from everyone!!Need your opinion.Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A small, compact, folding break action rifle chambered in some handy cartridges. Maybe 357 mag or 44 mag. Heck maybe even 7.62x54r.

Think little badger but in 357.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    I am open to accessories ideas too. CZ Tavor ,T97, M305,....something else???
    Due to this thread here on CGN I found out that Midwest Industries is pretty much the only manufacturer doing a 1/4" riser rail. Right now I have three different mounts all set to an AR-15 platform height, the accumulated value of them quiet frackin' high, and all of them are exactly 1/4" low for me. Unless I want to abandon a lot of money on mounts and replace them, I need to rise them to use them on a Tavor. The Midwest Industries aluminum 1/4" riser version is said to be perfect height but with connection points on the end tall scope rings with narrow bottom (where it attaches to the Picatinny rail) allows the scope to move left and right from very little pressure.

Why not simply make a 1/4" thick steel Picatinny rail, much like the bolt-on sections for a Troy or other rail that do not have holes of other attachments on them, but include two V shaped pieces and a small bolt that could be used to bolt it on to an existing rail? The bolt would be square in the center so it would go through the Picatinny rail existing already and then the rail would have two small squares on its bottom thus properly lining it up to the existing T-slots and for windage. Multiple v-clamps could be provided so you would attach the scope rings to the base and then put a clamp on each side of the rings (so four total). In most cases a 5" or 6" rail would work on most rings. With four of the little V-clamps it could be used on P.E.P.R. mounts (two V-clamps just past ends of mount), LaRue mounts and just about anything else.

Also, 10 and 20 MOAs option could be made too by making the shortest/thinnest/back end 1/4" and adding thickness to the other for the MOA change. This could, at a reasonable price, allow people to add them to rails and places to offset where cameras, lights and other options point.

I looked at making something like this myself, but the issue is without access to a mass production capable set-up (or a virtually free machinist who likes firearms) ensuring that the new rail with align flawlessly (windage) to the existing rail via the V-clips means a lot of money: making square bolts and adding T-slot nubs on the bottom to a blank rail. I could buy a half dozen Midwest risers for the price of a one-off custom I mentioned above.

I know it is a niche market, but being able to make a steel (that is the key, not flexible aluminium like Midwest) unit like this could sell to a lot of people including the US market for Tavors and any rifle with Picatinny mounts.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Regular
    Copy of the Winchester Model 94 chambered in 7.62x25.

Straight stock, hooded front sight, no saddle ring, no sling mounts, top eject. Offer the choice of standard or large loop lever. (Or include both levers with the gun.)

Would be a fun plinker.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by coleman1495 View Post
    A small, compact, folding break action rifle chambered in some handy cartridges. Maybe 357 mag or 44 mag. Heck maybe even 7.62x54r.

Think little badger but in 357.
    +1 for the pistol cartridge and rifle barrel. If you're replicating why not a pump action 357 like an IMI Timber Wolf!

KM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Batou View Post
    +1 for the pistol cartridge and rifle barrel. If you're replicating why not a pump action 357 like an IMI Timber Wolf!

KM
    I wanted something handy that could fold for compact storage. Something real basic with almost nothing to go wrong. Also inexpensive so you don't feel paranoid bringing it on lets say a canoe trip.

9mm bullpup semi, cheap to feed, and bullpups are loved by many, 10 round glock mags

Big shortage of 9mm subguns available to us. Also a restricted ppk clone in 9mm would probably sell like hot cakes

Also a .308 enfield no4 mk1 with detachable 10 round mags which could also be used in an m305 would be fantastic

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    Copy of the Winchester Model 94 chambered in 7.62x25.

Straight stock, hooded front sight, no saddle ring, no sling mounts, top eject. Offer the choice of standard or large loop lever. (Or include both levers with the gun.)

Would be a fun plinker.
    This please very much. With a 12" barrel or so to just bring it to 26" OAL.
    Please Please Please

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Serbu fore end knock off for Rem 870 clones...... pretty basic and since Serbu does not want to sell outside the US I'd say it's fair game?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.