Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Teasers

Of course ATRS quality is top notch, it's just a lot of people would be in the game at $2500. $3200 as a "starting" point is a lot.

Personally I would be happy with options for a standard duty trigger, I don't "need" a JP silent buffer, etc etc Costs could potentially be lower if we didn't have to have the Cadillac parts, although I do respect their choice to do so,,millions of AR's function fine with standard mil spec parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mytiburon View Post
    Of course ATRS quality is top notch, it's just a lot of people would be in the game at $2500. $3200 as a "starting" point is a lot.
    This exactly.

I think a lot of people are thrown off at the price point because everyone was expecting sub 3k, based off of the estimate ATRS gave.

I'm still interested in one, I just might wait until other people receive theirs and voice their opinions.

At 3.2K STARTING you are getting into the high end AR market and I know this is nonrestricted but it will need to perform close to those restricted competitors to justify the price. I think if it can shoot as well and be as reliable it will be worth the price but it's going to have to prove itself.

Isn't that same price point for the base model for MH? I thought this would be cheaper?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Tavor is $3k, famae is $3500 and Swiss is $3500. If you want a kel tec or a norinco they are available around $1500
    You can find Tavor for $2500, not $3000
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    This. I can afford whatever I want, but there will be better NR option for less than that price. Options where spare parts can be bought readily from large companies that have made many thousands of rifles. Like famae, bushmaster, FN, etc. so thanks for your efforts, but you missed the mark here.

At $2500 I'd have bought one.
    There are no better non restricted options. Maybe cheaper sure. But nothing out there that can compare to this quality.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    Lol, like out of spec mag wells? This is a new firearm. It has not been tested substantially enough to say it's quality and dependence is better than everything else out there. They really should have considered dropping the price a few hundred more. I feel like a lot more people would get involved around the 2500 mark.

You do have a point, I was thinking fit and finish, everyone is saying it's impeccable. It is still new, so the few issues the mh is having I'm sure will be worked out.
    I still don't think the price is out of line when you look at the other options out there. Little bit more than others, but it's a semi custom gun with really good customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Well if we cut every corner on quality, did not pay employees and were given the parts and materials, we probably could get to the price point you want.
    We don't want to build crap, there is plenty of that already. Strangely the crew here likes to eat and live indoors on their own rather than at homeless shelters, and our suppliers demand payment for materials and parts. This does not even touch on the daily costs of the building, insurance or machine costs.

Also given the minuscule market that Canada is when it comes to firearms there is no economies of scale to be had. IF we could tap into even the US market the price could be less simply based on the numbers being sold, but in order to increase the numbers we would have to spend a few million dollars more for more machines. This last week alone I spent nearly 1/4 million dollars on 1 new CNC milling machine and tooling.

Awesome work you guys and proud to say that it is Canadian! I have worked in the machining industry specifically Injection Molds for 20 years in almost all aspects from working on the shop floor running Machines, managing the shop and purchasing equipment to working in the engineering dept and dealing with customers. People have no idea of the cost, time and effort it takes to produce a product like this and I can only imagine the pain in the A** it must be dealing with regulations and government BS. Its nice to see that someone is dedicated to quality and not the bottom line. I was just talking about this with my wife last night. Everybody wants cheap cheap cheap and then bitches about quality. If you are planning on spending $2800 bucks on a rifle and the extra $400 is going to break you them you shouldn't be spending that kind of Money on a gun. I think it is awesome that we have this produced in our own country. Thanks ATRS!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSSONE View Post
    Awesome work you guys and proud to say that it is Canadian! I have worked in the machining industry specifically Injection Molds for 20 years in almost all aspects from working on the shop floor running Machines, managing the shop and purchasing equipment to working in the engineering dept and dealing with customers. People have no idea of the cost, time and effort it takes to produce a product like this and I can only imagine the pain in the A** it must be dealing with regulations and government BS. Its nice to see that someone is dedicated to quality and not the bottom line. I was just talking about this with my wife last night. Everybody wants cheap cheap cheap and then bitches about quality. If you are planning on spending $2800 bucks on a rifle and the extra $400 is going to break you them you shouldn't be spending that kind of Money on a gun. I think it is awesome that we have this produced in our own country. Thanks ATRS!

My thoughts as well... However that doesn't make it any easier to afford.

Perhaps TCC will be an option?
    I was serious about the payment plan.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Tavor is $3k, famae is $3500 and Swiss is $3500. If you want a kel tec or a norinco they are available around $1500
    I bought my modern hunter for $3255 barely used. I know it's not the same but man I would pay the extra $600ish to get a hunter if I was buying initially.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast